What is going on with her?

Willow82

Reaction score
So DD has had very loose stools for a week now. She seemed ok in herself, no vomiting, temperature, still eating and drinking. The only issues we had was that she seemed a bit tired but that could be explained by her rubbish naps. During the nights, she's also been having these crying in her sleep whilst tensing up episodes which has been happening on and off for the last couple of months anyway.

She had her one year check yesterday and the HV seemed to think it wasn't a bug but was related to teething.

Last night was terrible. She had another of her crying episodes quite early, refused most of her dream feed and then vomited the rest back up. She then vomited everywhere twice more in the space of 20 minutes but since then, no more vomiting. Today she's had two more loose stools.

I'm so confused about what is ailing her. If it is a bug, why did she have loose nappies for almost a week before the vomiting? How come she vomited so much but then nothing since? The poor little thing is so tired.

Nhs advice seems to be to take her to the doctors if the loose stools last more than 7 days, so we will monitor her over the weekend. In the meantime, if anyone has any ideas or advice, they would be gratefully received.

Your LO is a similar age to mines. Ours is the exact same.

She has been having 4 dirty nappies per day compared to her usual one, she isn't sleeping through the night for maybe 5 nights at a time and is then fine for a few weeks before being bad again.

I'm putting it down to teething. We use anbesol and give her Calpol or calprofen each night before bed. It seems to have helped!

It has been going on with Gracie for a few months now. She has got 8 teeth already so it is larger teeth coming through now.

We think she did have a bug as me and OH came down with stomach bugs a couple of days after her vomiting episode. However, we've also noticed that she's cut a molar and has 3 other teeth and another molar coming. So teething has definitely been a culprit, the poor little thing.😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->