What is going on with my cervix?!?

caringo

Reaction score
I just checked my cervix and I am confused! I've checked it sporadically through this cycle (and the previous) and I can usually tell what's high and low, soft and hard, etc. The opening often changes directions and it can go from centered to off-centered...but today when I checked it it was very different. Firstly, the bottom vagina wall was really hard and raised, almost in a bump, so much so that it got really tight and hard to move my finger around. And I couldn't find my cervix anywhere - until I finally found it off to the side and sunken down? It was hard to reach, but seemed soft. Have any of you ladies felt their cervix like this before?? Also, I am 8dpo.

Yes, this is a normal (non pregnant) cervix. Your cervix will harden and become sort of "ridged" during non fertile periods. If your cervix hardens after ovulation it could mean that pregnancy did not occur and the hardening takes place. As for the position, I am not sure, but don't think it matters much. Some women have a cervix that is off to the side or even inverted....With all this being said, it DOES NOT mean your aren't pregnant. Just wait it out and take the test for the only way to be sure. Also how is your cm?

Thanks Clementine. Also, I was meaning my vagina was hard, not my cervix. My cervix felt soft :) my CM has been mostly dried up but when I checked this time I had a good amount of creamy CM.

Creamy is a good sign! I would def not pass it off as not being prego. Look for those other subtle signs and do that test!

Thanks! I will! I'm feeling pretty hopeful and will probably test at 11dpo, so we'll see :)

Keep in mind 11 dpo I still early. I got a BFN today 11 dpo and have a million symptoms of preganancy and am just waiting for that BFP to confirm. With my first child I didn't detect until 18 dpo.

Yes I know, but countdowntopregnancy.com says over 75% of pregnant women get a positive at 11dpo. So I still think there is a good chance!

Sounds sort of like mine did, and I got a bfp the day of missed period.

Lots of baby dust! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->