What is happening?

babykate

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry for the dramatic subject title but Im just wondering if anyone out there has gone through what im going through.

My baby girl was born early may. I breastfed exclusively but got a period in late July. I didnt have another period until early october for the last three cycles its been consistent every 30/31 days. I am still fulltime breastfeeding but baby is also taking 3 meals a day.
I was supposed to get my period jan 1 or 2 (based on the previous 3 months. It never showed up. On Jan 6 i took a hpt and it was negative. Later that night i had to worst cramps of my life (almost like contractions) and they lasted til the next day and then i was sore for a day or 2. Still no period so i took another hpt using fmu on jan 10 and still negative.
Im just really confused about what my body is doing. Was that pain late ovulation? Could it have been so painful because it was my first post partum ovulation? Could it be ectopic? Thanks to all for any advice

Hello babykate :)
Sorry you're in limbo, it's frustrating. I never had ov pain until I had my daughter, now I'm in agony when I ov for a few hours, then feel sore and a bit crampy for a day or two. So late ovulation sounds possible! However you should go to the doctor and explain and they should do a blood test to check for the pregnancy hormone to rule out pregnancy because of the possibility of ectopic etc. They usually investigate missed period and negative tests, tell them about pain too and don't talk about breastfeeding too much haha. That's my advice! I wouldn't worry yourself too much xx

Hello babykate :)
Sorry you're in limbo, it's frustrating. I never had ov pain until I had my daughter, now I'm in agony when I ov for a few hours, then feel sore and a bit crampy for a day or two. So late ovulation sounds possible! However you should go to the doctor and explain and they should do a blood test to check for the pregnancy hormone to rule out pregnancy because of the possibility of ectopic etc. They usually investigate missed period and negative tests, tell them about pain too and don't talk about breastfeeding too much haha. That's my advice! I wouldn't worry yourself too much xx

Thanks for your reply! From what i understand, if it is ectopic, l'll get an hpt in the next week or so, at which point we'll be able to do an ultrasound to see if baby is in uterus or not (i would be 6+ weeks). Im hoping its just late, crazy painful ovulation though! Ive been taking lactation supplements (gallactogil) a lot this month so it could have messed with my horomones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->