What is in your TTC arsenal?

alison29

Reaction score
I am taking:
core Daily 1 women's vitamin

chinese herb=four things combination it has dong quai, rehmannia root, chinese white peony and chanxiong root.

baby aspirin

**Both these are suppost to help increase blood flow to reproductive organs I have mild endo so want to decrease blood stagnantion

Evening primrose oil

Vitex= balances hormones. I have noticed less Blood clots in AF after being on for two months (this was before the chinese herbs) so it must be doing something.

My arsenal:

DH & his :spermy:
Pre-natal vitamin
baby aspirin
preseed
softcups
OPK's

I'm too nervous to try other vitamins & herbal stuff incase it messes with my cycle 8-[

My arsenal-
Mixed veggie complex w/ folic acid
B vitamins
1200 mg of calcium
EPO/ Flax combo until OV and then switch to 2000mg fish oil
OPK
HPT
Previously used Clomid

Pre-natal vitamin
COQ10
B complex
PreSeed (though have not needed it since starting a B complex)
Softcups
Wondfo OPKs

Oooooh I'm totally looking at buying some wondfo OPK's & HPT's from Amazon. AMAZING price!!!

EPO, flax, folic acid and I was taking baby asprin but I´m not sure if I should continue it?? Just bought some preseed for the first time this month. OPKs and OH takes zinc when he remembers.

EPO, flax, folic acid and I was taking baby asprin but I´m not sure if I should continue it?? Just bought some preseed for the first time this month. OPKs and OH takes zinc when he remembers.

AHH! I've been trying to get DH to take some sort of vitamin for a long time now, but alas..........nothing. Stubborn!

Clear Blue Fertility Monitor
Preseed
The shoulder stand for 10 mins after BDing!!
Some sexy undies!!

Oooooh I'm totally looking at buying some wondfo OPK's & HPT's from Amazon. AMAZING price!!!

Yep...able to POAS often without worrying about the cost....AND most people get a BFP by CD10 with the Wondfo HTPs...so I allow myself to POAS from CD10 and beyond...

My doctor said baby aspirin if the uterine lining is on the thick side, otherwise it might thin it out too much. I was using it, self medicating, because I heard it might help me get things to stick, but it seems I might have just made it worse.

Folic acid - doc told me that was the only thing I needed.

I did try EPO this cycle but it may have made me ov late, so I don't think I'll take it next month.

Also charting, taking temps/checking CM daily.

I've been taking a cough medicine with guafesnin (sp?) for a few days as well it's gross it tastes like spew, I don't think I'll bother next month.

What is the co Q 10 for ? I need to buy the opks and HPT. This month i used progesterone cream so AF would occur on the weekend and hopefully O on the weekend two weeks later BUT I think I just O on wed/thursday-anyway. We dtd thursday night I still had some EWCM but it was the most on wednesdays. I am going to buy the amazon opks buying at pharmacy is cost prohibiitive.

https://endojourney.wordpress.com/2009/09/22/baby-aspirin-before-conception/
That is the article I read that made me think to do the baby aspirin. The RE from Houston who authored it suggests it for all women trying to conceice ARGH what to believe it all makes sense!

Goodness mine and DH's arsenal prepare :)

DH is on:
Maca root
Co Enzyme Q10
Horny Goat's weed
Ginger root
Multivits with folic acid in
Royal Jelly
Fish oil - omega 3
and Pycnogenol

For me for the whole cycle I take:
Prenatal multivits with folic acid
Flaxseed oil (been on for 18 months for depression)
Vitamin B complex (been on for 18 months for depression)
Royal Jelly
Cranberry extract
Co Enzyme Q10
CBFM
Temping & charting

From CD1 to ovulation I also take:
EPO (been on for 18 months for depression & used to take for whole cycle but not now TTC)
Fish oil - omega 3
Agnus castus
Grapefruit juice
Green tea

Then I do bum in the air after BD and have items of clothing for getting DH in the mood when he's tired :)

I don't know there is too much information out there, I'm going to stick with what is scientifically proven (folic acid), but plenty of people on here have done their homework and swear by a combination of extra "boosters".

I know that I'm fit and healthy (just passed my physical with glowing colours) and I'm also concened about the possible effects of combining a whole lot of different supplements, so for me I don't think I'll mess with nature FOR NOW, totally reserve my right to change my mind and start taking a whole chemist shop a few months down the track.

Goodness mine and DH's arsenal prepare :)

DH is on:
Maca root
Co Enzyme Q10
Horny Goat's weed
Ginger root
Multivits with folic acid in
Royal Jelly
Fish oil - omega 3
and Pycnogenol

For me for the whole cycle I take:
Prenatal multivits with folic acid
Flaxseed oil (been on for 18 months for depression)
Vitamin B complex (been on for 18 months for depression)
Royal Jelly
Cranberry extract
Co Enzyme Q10
CBFM
Temping & charting

From CD1 to ovulation I also take:
EPO (been on for 18 months for depression & used to take for whole cycle but not now TTC)
Fish oil - omega 3
Agnus castus
Grapefruit juice
Green tea

Then I do bum in the air after BD and have items of clothing for getting DH in the mood when he's tired :)

Great idea I think I may need to invest in a slutty air hostess outfit or similar :blush:

Have you noticed any general health benefits from the supplements MacW?

What is the co Q 10 for ? I need to buy the opks and HPT. This month i used progesterone cream so AF would occur on the weekend and hopefully O on the weekend two weeks later BUT I think I just O on wed/thursday-anyway. We dtd thursday night I still had some EWCM but it was the most on wednesdays. I am going to buy the amazon opks buying at pharmacy is cost prohibiitive.

It is supposed to improve egg quality and protect the eggs from free radicals. It is often prescribed for IVF patients... 3 months before egg retrieval. Also good for the boys.....

Supplement with Co-Enzyme Q-10, which helps to support and improve mitochondrial functioning, the powerhouse of the cell. One of the hallmarks of aging is damage to mitochondrial DNA caused by oxygen metabolism and the presence of free radicals in the system.

I think you have to do what's right for you :)

DH is on a load of supplements which he wasn't on before TTC but bless him he's willing to do whatever to help and I have really researched everything after my mishap with soy.

I was on a lot of my supplements before TTC as many help reduce depression and I need to stabilise my hormones or it really kicks my depression.

I did start soy last cycle but won't touch that again but I do research everything carefully before making decisions on what to take or not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->