What is "natural" birth anyway?!

Oh dear, I found it!.. and goodness it does spiral out of control even just by the end of the first page!

Those that want to read..
https://www.babyandbump.com/news-debates/636676-did-have-natural-birth-2.html

Very interesting, that we all have respect for each other and other women's choices - I have always maintained that this section of BnB is the nicest place to be!
XxX

I dont think I'll bother reading that! I never venture out of here for good reason! :lol:

i ventured into GS and regretted it almost instantly!!

omg that thread is awful >(

how many pages in did you get Sam? I managed to page 3 before my eyes started to bleed and I lost the will to live. How can women not see how important their birth/s is/are? We are so emotive in a discussion like this it just totally demonstrates how important it is to feel fully engaged and part of your birth.....but then again I guess what that means to the individual can be so different. Horses for courses and all that!

ive had so many women jump on me because i was proud that i was induced and delt with the pain and didnt have a epidural and the fact i hate them.

and then i get called a snob for wanting a natural birth this time because i want to believe in my body some how makes me high and mighty lol

sometimes people need a slap, so i tend to stay away from those sorts of threads now

i found it painful after the first couple.... and i could never comment i would need to quote almost every other post!!!! tossers!!
give me the hippy, pain loving, natural, knowledgeable, able birth ANY DAY

Note to self: Never click on suspicious looking links with a warning again.. my head hurts :ignore:

Yeah, that thread was pretty brutal, which is why I love this area! I made a few comments in the thread, but they were more "hippy-like" than everything, as in why can't we all get along. I think its more down to people being upset about the birthing experience they had and they don't want to admit the guilt that they feel. :shrug:

I consider natural childbirth one where labor starts on its own, vaginal delivery without forceps, no pain relief/drugs of any kind

Natural is birthing vaginally using nothing other than things any member of the public can get their mitts on. Birth pools, TENS, homeopathy, aromatherapy, paracetamol....that kind of shizzle. No G&A and no pharmaceuticals. I think some people say 'natural' when they mean 'vaginal' as in not c section. That's not the definition of natural. It's something that's happened in the US because the use of intervention is so common place. So they say natural or CS.

BUT as I said before call it what you like. It's birth no matter how it happens!

im going to try and go as natural as possible but ile be having gas and air around just incase lol altho with my hypnobirthing breathing im not sure it will even fit in. i didnt even use it for later most part of zanes birth

I've never had a natural birth. G&A in early established labour then I ditch it when I get into my groove. I find it good for focusing my breathing. :)

I had a Demerol shot...but it didn't do crap except for make me feel dizzy

I've never had a natural birth. G&A in early established labour then I ditch it when I get into my groove. I find it good for focusing my breathing. :)

I think this is what i used it for the most, not because I felt I needed it but that it helped focus my breathing. In pain relief terms I actually felt it did nothing for me.

GnA dosen't count as a drug it's not nearly strong enough just like paracetamol LOL, i swear its the deep breathing with GnA that does most good not the nitrous itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->