What is the first thing you do when you start severely nesting?

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Just a fun thread I thought I'd create, seems pretty quiet on here at the moment. When you start nesting what is the first thing you tackle? Is it house related/baby related/garden related even?

Mine is definitely wardrobes for some odd reason, I feel the need to sort out each and every wardrobe in the house, not even just the new babys! I also feel the need to unpack almost everything of the babys and put it in its place :)

I didn't even realise I was nesting, but now that you've said it, it's definitely baby's clothes. I've unpacked everything and I want everything hung up in their wardrobe. Even all the wee vests that will no doubt go in drawers, I NEED them hung up haha. And I have a thing about beds just now. I'm obsessed with buying new bedding before baby arrives even though baby obviously won't be in my bed haha x

I know right hahaha today I even filled my little nappy caddy up with nappies/wipes/bum cream and all that which will be kept downstairs later on! His wardrobe is sorted to how I like it and zoflora'd but it will be ripped apart in a few months time to wash it all haha! X

I have nested SO FREAKING HARD this time around! My older two I just organized baby clothes and that was about it. This one I have deep cleaned and organized my entire house. Scrubbing baseboards, cleaning out and organizing cabinets and closets, getting rid of a bunch of clutter. I can’t stand for the house to get messy, which with an 8 year old and 4 year old is very hard to do! We’ve painted and replaced carpet and generally gotten a lot of projects done that we’d been putting off. I’m even nesting so hard that I cleaned my mothers house!

The problem is that I’ve been nesting so hard for so long that I’ve run out of projects! I’ve washed baby girl’s clothes and organized them. I’ve got her room set up and ready. And I have my bag and diaper bag ready for the hospital along with the car seat! The only thing that isn’t done is my husbands hospital bag because he’s not nesting like me . But now that everything is done I have nothing to distract me til she gets here!!

Mine was also wardrobe related, although for some reason I've always been particular about that. I've organized all of babies clothes based on size and sorted through all my stuff as well. I'm just going to have to go through it again in a couple months though. I've also set up the section of my room dedicated to baby girl and hand painted wooden letters with her name and hung it on the wall. Now to deep clean the rest of my apartment.

Maybe it will kick in for me yet, only 34+3, but so far not even close to nesting haha! I am not a tidy or practical person at the best of times but heavily preggo I can't be arsed at all.
Luckily, my other half has certainly found his own nesting instinct.

He's done EVERYTHING. Scrubbed the house top to bottom, cleaned the carpets, dusted every corner, washed down every surface. Packed the hospital bags, set up the Moses basket and changing table... washed, folded and put away all baby's clothes (in labelled boxes according to age), bought up half of Mothercare - even remembered things like breast pads and disposable pants and aloe-infused maternity pads (I didn't know such a thing existed until he brought them home for me).

So even if I do get my nesting feelings, there's nothing left for me to do!

:rofl:

I feel eager to get all my housework done and beds all washed and changed and hospital bag packed etc. We set the pram up yesterday. I just feel this urge to get everything done but I cant because of severe DPD and sciatica and its driving me crazy. Not got all the stuff for my hospital bag yet but got most and I think I've got enough for baby. I'm gonna be staying in for 5 days after I give birth. I had my daughter at 35+6 so I'm getting a bit worried how Haha. Induction in 5 to 6 weeks max eeeeek.
Cant wait

With DS I went into serious nesting mode and cleaned all my kitchen cupboards and fridge out haha.
Didnt nest with DD but didnt think I wud be having her so early lol.

Yesterday I tidied and re arranged my whole lounge so I guess u can call that nesting.

Mine was baby clothes related too. I spent hours ironing everything and sorting out all the outfits in the drawers!

Maybe it will kick in for me yet, only 34+3, but so far not even close to nesting haha! I am not a tidy or practical person at the best of times but heavily preggo I can't be arsed at all.
Luckily, my other half has certainly found his own nesting instinct.

He's done EVERYTHING. Scrubbed the house top to bottom, cleaned the carpets, dusted every corner, washed down every surface. Packed the hospital bags, set up the Moses basket and changing table... washed, folded and put away all baby's clothes (in labelled boxes according to age), bought up half of Mothercare - even remembered things like breast pads and disposable pants and aloe-infused maternity pads (I didn't know such a thing existed until he brought them home for me).

So even if I do get my nesting feelings, there's nothing left for me to do!

:rofl:

That made me chuckle! Well at least your partner seems to be enjoying nesting lol!

It's such a strange feeling, I have absolutely zero energy to do any of it, yet I get it done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->