What is the first thing you'll eat after giving birth?

I think it was toast with banana after my first I dont remember but I was starving.
With second I was fed a baked potato with cheese just after my labour and them my breakfast.

Apparently my doula tells me this time my hospital offers woman a full fry, eggs bacon, sausages as its believed to help . So I am looking forward to that.

Omg I told my dad I want him to fix me runny eggs too! He makes the best eggs! :D

The first thing I will eat is toast as they always bring toast and hot chocolate pretty soon after labour.

The first thing I'm going to request will be Sushi, I can't wait!

ha I read it wrong as in the first thing you had after labour. I eat pretty much the same. I may have some fish, can you have fish when preg or breastfeeding? but the runny egg I must have! and I want a darn drink of something alcoholic!

I am looking forward to a medium rare more on the rare side delicious steak mmmmmmmm

My hubby always has the fridge stocked with pate, cheeses and a bottle of cider! lol :haha: We also always have a chinese takeaway lol.

Dragonfly - I would have gladly killed someone to have a fry up after having both my boys. With Earl I was presented with a luke warm omelette when I was transferred to ward as I'd missed dinner by 1 hour so they kept it back for me :sick: and with Eddy he was born at 4.30am and I didn't eat properly besides half a slice of dry toast until 12noon (hadn't eaten since about 6pm the night before) as they forgot about me on breakfast rounds and I had to beg to be fed as I was technically discharged but hubby hadn't come to get me yet. Did get a rather nice pie and mash followed by jam roly poly though so shouldn't complain too much. This time I may end up looking really selfish as I may just take something in with me or ask the MW to pre-order my meals lol :haha::blush:

I am very proud apparently the first hospital to do this, totally Irish thing to do also.

I love the buttered toast they give you after birth! And I hate tea but its amazing after birth

I've already told my partner that I want bacon and runny eggs with brown sauce on a soft white batch afterwards !

Then the first proper meal will be a medium steak with a big glass of rose ..... drooling now ....

I can't believe the amount of ladies that don't eat 'cold cut' meat!

I have it on a daily basis and did with my last pregnancy too. I haven't really changed my diet at all while pregnant :shrug:

I am very proud apparently the first hospital to do this, totally Irish thing to do also.

You're right - very irish thing to feed you 'a good meal' immediately after. Plus a full irish is the cure for most ills! lol :thumbup:

Whatever you eat right after labour eben if its cardboard its the nicest thing in the world lol

I eat cold meats sam. Eggs and all that. But have a limited diet anyway due to allergies.

Medium rare steak and BEER! ICE. COLD. BEER. I've been craving both like crazy. I haven't even had steak since being pregnant because I refuse to eat it cooked any more than Medium rare.

Oh....and sushi....for a snack ;)

A cheese board with a selection of cured meats!'

A nice cold coca-cola. (Haven't had one in 7 months due to Gestational Diabetes)
A gooey moist cinnamon roll. (GD again)
And a bottle of bud light. (I'm not a big drinker but I think I crave it just because I can't have it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->