What is the first thing you'll eat after giving birth?

I eat all this while pregnant (except alcohol). After birth my hospital offers a steak dinner (or chicken cordon bleu) for you and your partner, with wine, and that is always great after all that work! I breastfeed, but one small glass to start out with is my treat. Then I wait till the baby is about three months old to add the odd beer it wine back in.

I eat all this while pregnant (except alcohol). After birth my hospital offers a steak dinner (or chicken cordon bleu) for you and your partner, with wine, and that is always great after all that work! I breastfeed, but one small glass to start out with is my treat. Then I wait till the baby is about three months old to add the odd beer it wine back in.

OMG where are you again? I am thinking I need to move!

OMG where are you again? I am thinking I need to move!

Lol.. West Virgina, actually! I think out hospitals get lots of funding due to beig in Appalachia, so they are pretty nice ;-).

there isn't anything, other then alcohol, that I have stopped eating while pregnant! I'm jsut know I will forsure be having a frappucchino from Starbucks!

I think I would love to have a ceasar salad and a medium rare steak!!! I loooove a juicy steak. And white wine <3

I'm lucky to have only craved a sandwich (cold cut) twice since pregnant. But my best friend did suffer food poisoning from a turkey sandwich just about 6-8 weeks ago and it put me off. Luckily she's not pregnant but it messed up her kidneys and liver pretty bad, she still feels weak.

Mortadella and I will wait a few months until I have a big glass of wine, but will let mysel have a few sips here and there.

A nice cold coca-cola. (Haven't had one in 7 months due to Gestational Diabetes)
A gooey moist cinnamon roll. (GD again)
And a bottle of bud light. (I'm not a big drinker but I think I crave it just because I can't have it.)
Aaaah! Cinnamon roll! Ever since I found out I have GD, I've been craving things with cinnamon and sugar. As for the coke, I've been getting used to diet drinks instead. I have a feeling when I can finally have a regular one, it will taste waaaaaay to sweet and I won't be able to finish it!

Man, why did I start this thread!? It's just reminding me of all the stuff I want that I can't have. Hmph. Except for pate. Can't believe how many of you have said pate. Ick.

I'm lucky to have only craved a sandwich (cold cut) twice since pregnant. But my best friend did suffer food poisoning from a turkey sandwich just about 6-8 weeks ago and it put me off. Luckily she's not pregnant but it messed up her kidneys and liver pretty bad, she still feels weak.
Yikes! That's exactly why I'm avoiding cold cuts. Just not worth the potential risk.

there isn't anything, other then alcohol, that I have stopped eating while pregnant! I'm jsut know I will forsure be having a frappucchino from Starbucks!

YES. A caramel coffee frappucchino has been on my mind since I cut caffeine out in the end of first tri. Like a lot of you, I pretty much haven't cut out any foods. But I was never much for rare steaks, runny eggs, patê, or cold cut sandwiches anyhow. I have been eating some ham sandwiches lately since my hubby makes them for work every day, but it's always really high quality deli meat. (Not that you can't get food poisoning from the good stuff too)

I am hoping the hospital I'm going to has got a good cafeteria. A strong irish-style breakfast would be great!! But since I live in America I won't get my hopes up since I'll probably just get a plain American style breakfast with nothing special. But it'll still be food and food is good :)

I'm allowed to have this.. but probably a big mac combo from McDonald's!
LOL.. Cause I'll be trying to lose the baby weight and won't be able to have one for a while :haha:

Tuna Sashimi, a med-rare steak, and a glass of wine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->