What is the white stuff in LO's creases?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding thick i have to ask...when i am washing my LO and cleaning under his armpits, when cleaning the creases what is the white stuff that is always there?? i top and tail him and always notice?? I clean it away but when cleaning him the next day its usually there again...anyone know what im talking about?? x

That cheesy stuff is yeast that grows in moist places, such as armpits, neck folds. Keep the area as dry as possible, apply a little cornstarch and try not to put any lotion in those areas. I usually blowdry Keira's armpits and neck fold areas, as I can never get it dry enough just with a towel.

Ah thank u...so when i have washed the crease areas i should just pat it dry and not apply anything?

Is this a yeast infection? I see it in Bella's vaginal lips when I change her diaper.

vernix! and its normal. its a natural moisturizer. yes clean it off, but in the private areas clean it, but dont worry about scrubbing at it, because it is there for a reason. i am surprised they didnt tell you this at the hospital.

vernix! and its normal. its a natural moisturizer. yes clean it off, but in the private areas clean it, but dont worry about scrubbing at it, because it is there for a reason. i am surprised they didnt tell you this at the hospital.

isn't vernix the stuff that they are born with? I don't think it comes after they are born.

isn't vernix the stuff that they are born with? I don't think it comes after they are born.

I don't think so either. They start producing it at about 20 weeks and the amount they secrete gradually decreases towards the end of pregnancy - I wouldn't have thought a 3 month old baby would be producing it after every wash?

I agree with Deise that it's probably yeast x

I dont think its vernix. The best way to "test" it is to do a simple sniff test. If it makes you retch, its baby cheese!

when oh changed LO's first nappy in hospital... as I was wired up!!

MW told him not to worry about cleaning all the white stuff cos its good for the baby!!

when oh changed LO's first nappy in hospital... as I was wired up!!

MW told him not to worry about cleaning all the white stuff cos its good for the baby!!

That's when they're first born though - LaDY's son is nearly 3 months old x

oooh lol... my bad!!! :) should really check these tickers before replying lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->