What is this extra blob on my ultrasound photo?! Twins?!

Doey92

Reaction score
Hey everyone I had a scan done for reassurance at 8 weeks 1
Day last week. I saw and heard the heartbeat and baby seemed healthy thank goodness. I have been looking at the scan picture again that the sonographer gave me and I can see a small black block to the bottom left of the baby & sac?! Anyone know what this is? I did ask about twins and the sonographer said there was just one in there so it isn't a twin but I have no clue what it could be I have googled and can't see anyone else's scan pictures with anything similar unless its twins? Very confused!

Help?!
Thanks in advance xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 78
Oh I see the spot you mean. Could be a cyst, fluid, lots of things. They'd have known for sure if it were a second sac. Don't worry!

Ah ok thanks! Had no idea what it was! Was looking closely and could have sworn I saw a baby in there but think I'm going mad lol! Thanks for replying xx

If you look at mine I have that but for me it was a SCH. Basically a blood clot but it has been resolving it's self since then.

Oh? Are you meant to just leave them? Or
Will I bleed? X

Sometimes you will bleed, sometimes your body will absorb it. I had a very small one, and had tan CM for about 2 weeks, then nothing. We did ultrasounds every week to see that is went away, and as it healed I had lighter and lighter CM. Now everything is fine. If the bleed isnt in a dangerous area they usually have no issues with it and may not mention it.

Ah ok thanks I'm just scaring myself here! Google is my worst nightmare lol xx

Don't worry! Your scan looks beautiful and perfect ;)

At 5 weeks and some odd, I had an early ultrasound due to some bleeding and I had two "sac-like" dark spots, one had a baby with a heartbeat the other didn't. They were the exact same size. Much larger than the one in your photo. I went back three weeks later to check on it and it turned out to most likely be a blood clot. I bled heavy red for maybe 30 minutes and then had 2 weeks of continuous brown spotting.

The good news was that my baby was fine and dandy at 8 weeks 5 days and there was no sign of the clot.

Its probably just normal ultrasoundyness. When you get your US done the tech looks at everything from many different angles and depth. Your pic is just a snap shot of the detail they saw. They'd tell you if they saw a clot or another baby.

With my first ultrasound i had a cyst that looked like that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->