what is this ???help

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Was bathing William there and one of his nipples is hard, big limp under it then we noticed puss came from it, green stuff! :cry: we are freaking to be honest as we dont know what it is :(

anyone know?

Wow, id be freaked out too! Sorry I can't help as i've never seen this before, but i'd say call the doctor and maybe go in to have it checked out to be sure!! Hope it gets better!! :hugs:

Sounds like it could be an infection. My sister had the same thing after birth, and I think it can be common. I'd ring your maternity ward, as they can help with newborns too :hugs:

i know baby boys have lumps under their nipples when theyre born leeons stayed till he was about 3 months old but nothing like that happened is it under the skin?

maybe just your hormones leaving his body?

its 10.30pm here and no docs about, if we call one we have to get up to the city and no car or anyone to take us and OH is freaking out and wanting to go to the docs now. I will give the maturnity ward a ring to see if they can put our minds at ease.

i know baby boys have lumps under their nipples when theyre born leeons stayed till he was about 3 months old but nothing like that happened is it under the skin?

maybe just your hormones leaving his body?

yeah big hard thing and stuff came out of nipple to.

Just ring the mat ward at your hospital and speak to the MWs there, they'll give you advice.

maybe your hormones leavin his body he is 11 days old?

either that or maybe a little infection?

are both nipples the same?

sounds like some of your hourmones still

I had something like this when I was born only mine was further in my chest and I had to have emergency surgery as Dr's told my mother it was nothing to worry about, but after being very persistant finally got me seen by the right person! I think anti-biotics will clear it up, but please call your Dr to be sure! Hope your little man is ok :hugs:

rang ward they where nice and said same as you lot about hormones but to show to midwife who is calling tomorrow. he is feeding ok and all its just his dad is freaking here because he is scared,

its nothing to worry about then hun like i said before its just your hormones leaving his body x

Let us know how he is doing hun. Thinking of ya!

hmm.. dont know about the green stuff. But his nipples (boobies) will be hard because there is milk in there. You shouldn't squeeze or push on them as it could be sore for him. Colton's were like that. And yes, even little boys will get the milk as its from your body. It shouldn't hurt him unless you are squeezing it out.
I would have the midwife check out the green stuff though. Could have gotten alittle infection and like someone else said, a bit of antibiotics for a couple of days could clear it up no problem.
Hope you, him, and your OH are okay. Try not to worry too much ;)

Darren says it was white stuff i thought it looked a bit green but think he is right. I didnt know male babies could make milk?? I thought i would ask here first as i couldnt find anything on google and i am thankful i did or Darren would have had all his relatives away driving him to a&e. I am worried to but keep cool until I know whats happening.

Midwife is visiting tomorow anyway so will mention it to her.

Their hormones are crazy after birth. Niamh's nipples were enlarged and hard, and newborn girls even have a period after birth.

Their hormones are crazy after birth. Niamh's nipples were enlarged and hard, and newborn girls even have a period after birth.

have seen this for myself lol Oh niece did when she was born x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"