What is this? SPD? Serious? I'm in AGONY :(

RoxieHart

Baking #2
Reaction score
Just wanted some opinions .. The last trimester has been a really achy and difficult one for me anyway, specially having to chase after my toddler! ... So I have been feeling aches and pains in my back and my hips ... But .. These last couple of weeks it has become excruciating ! ..

I mentioned it to my midwife and she scribbled in my notes 'fears spd' .. And nothing else. I warned her about how I was feeling before it even got to as bad as it is now..

NOW I can hardly move! In certain positions it feels like my pelvis is shattering and it spreads round to my back, it stops me in my tracks! Last night the pain was so bad I literally doubled over and thought I was in labour having the most awful contraction but it wasn't. It doesn't help that tomorrow I will be 41 weeks and this little boy still doesn't want to come out!

My midwife doesn't respond to me.. So I feel like there's not much point trying to ask for her advice or what this could be .. Before Christmas she text me saying she's coming round on Monday and then changed it to Sunday (tomorrow - I feel like she may be confused as I didn't think they did home visits on the weekend? ) I just want a sweep or to be booked in for an induction to start this process because I'm in agony! I have nobody to help me during the day with my toddler, I'm just fed up!!! :(

Any ideas what this could be and what I can do? I don't want any permanant damage?!

it does sound like it could be SPD and unfortunately there isn't a lot that can be done. it only gets better when the baby is born. I had it with both pregnancies and it was awful. Physio helps but you need to catch it early on for it to be any good, at 41 weeks there won't be much they can do.

the only things you can do is take it easy (easier said than done i know), warm baths to ease the pain and paracetamol.

i was on crutches the last month of my first pregnancy and was close again in my second, but once the babies were born it literally cleared up over night.

hope you feel better soon x

I was just googling my symptoms and SPD is what resulted. I am in so much pain and i'm only 32 weeks pregnant :( I have pain in my lower back at both sides and I can't get comfortable with it. I also have pain in my hips that is going down to my pelvis and now the pain is starting in my left thigh! It has been worse today because I have been moving a lot more. I am going to go to my docs on Monday to try and get this sorted x

I have severe spd, sounds like it could very well be spd..... I was even going to physical therapy , that only made my situation worse ..... It is most excruciating when trying to roll over in bed, get out of bed, go from sitting to standing, or in and out of the car..... Walking is very incomfortable too.... My advice is take a couple tylonal along with a gel ice pack and put the ice pack wherever ur pelvis is sore, ice it off and on 20 min intervals ......

Ugh! So sorry for what you ladies are all going through. My issues have been with my sacroiliac joints. I'm seeing a chiropractor twice/week and I think that's the only reason I'm walking at this point. It's mega-stop-you-in-your-tracks-painful!

Rolling over in bed, standing up, walking, stepping down wrong- all horrible. I really hope the PP who said it can go away overnight once the baby is born is right in my case!!

My support belt has helped. Tylenol and ice helps too. Beyond that, I have my body pillow and a belly pillow- along with head pillows all situated to help me through the night. 5 pillows in all! DH still fits on the bed... for now. ;-)

I hope you all get some relief soon. It really does SUCK!

I have self diagnosed SPD as well. Can't seem to get anyone to take me seriously about it, but then again it seems there's really nothing to be done about it anyway. My OB seems to think I'm just being dramatic, but I'm pretty sure extreme pain and popping/grinding in my hips everytime I roll/stand/squeeze my legs together (potty dance) isn't the "normal" discomforts of pregnancy. Only thing I can say is "at least the end is near".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->