What is wrong with me :( ?

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
So thursday night I went to L&D because I thought my water had broke. It didn't but I had 2+ protein 2+ leuc in my wee and my BP was a little high. Because there was a combination of things in my wee the sent it off to be tested but it came back clear for infection, So why was there 2+ protein in there? Anyway. Last night all of a sudden this extremely painful throbbing achy pain came on in my eyes and it was so bad I wanted to gouge then out! It spread to just above my eyes and stayed there until I finally went to sleep because it was 2am and I have a toddler to look after so I was shattered. Today I have a really sore throat and just don't feel well or right. Don't really know what to do but I know in myself that somethings up. Anyone have any clues as to whats going on with me? :cry:

Sorry you are feeling so bad. :( severe headaches can be a sign of pre eclampsia, but I think only when combined with swelling of hands and face and high bp. If you have a headache and cold symptoms could it be a bad cold /flu? Always worth getting checked out, certainly if you have any more headaches like that or swelling. Other than that it could just be the wonders of pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon xxx

You could be feeling not well if you didn't get enough sleep.

Sorry, just passing through this section but with protein in my urine and then a headache I'd be phoning the doctors and saying your worried about pre-eclampsia.

I had protein in my urine and raised BP at the end of my last pregnancy and they induced me for suspected pre-eclampsia. They kept asking me about blurred vision or headaches behind the eyes, I would be straight on the phone to a midwife. I'm surprised they didn't monitor you more closely with having both protein and raised BP when you went to L&D. Definately get checked by someone again Hun.

I had protein in my urine and raised BP at the end of my last pregnancy and they induced me for suspected pre-eclampsia. They kept asking me about blurred vision or headaches behind the eyes, I would be straight on the phone to a midwife. I'm surprised they didn't monitor you more closely with having both protein and raised BP when you went to L&D. Definately get checked by someone again Hun.

AGREED! Get that checked out. Hope you feel better!

I'm with the other ladies! Get checked out as soon as possible! You don't want to take a risk.

Just wanted to check how you are doing. By no means all cases of pre-e have swelling (I didn't and mine was very severe), infact around 10% don't even have a raised bp. I would certainly go get this checked out first, but if all comes clear then with the sore throat and lack of sleep you could be run down, maybe see if your parents or DH can take your toddler for the full weekend, give you lots of rest, sleep and recharge your batteries. Looking after a toddler is exhausting work, growing a tiny human equally so and it takes a huge toll on your body.

Just wanted to check how you are doing. By no means all cases of pre-e have swelling (I didn't and mine was very severe), infact around 10% don't even have a raised bp. I would certainly go get this checked out first, but if all comes clear then with the sore throat and lack of sleep you could be run down, maybe see if your parents or DH can take your toddler for the full weekend, give you lots of rest, sleep and recharge your batteries. Looking after a toddler is exhausting work, growing a tiny human equally so and it takes a huge toll on your body.

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been super busy! But I did go and get checked out they took bloods, did my bp and urine and said all was fine apart from the fact I have severe SPD and sciatica so I can barely move, am in constant pain and taking painkillers like smarties. They really irritated me at the hospital and kept on asking is this my first pregnancy so basically if its my first then I wont know what to expect, they treated me like I knew nothing about being pregnant and like I had never been pregnant before. Grrrrr. They even told me under 28 weeks its impossible to get pre e and told me that even though at even other appt Ihad protein in my wee and raised bp there not worried. Just excited and eager to meet Isaac now :flower:

Glad you are ok (apart from the pain obvs) not long to go now in the scheme of things xx

I wouldnt be worrying too much, quite often when you are in a lot of pain, constant pain especially it can really mess up all the levels of things in your body, everyones bodies react in many different ways. Pregnancy in itself has been known to cause constant/persistently higher levels of protein in the urine.
My advice would be to make sure you eat a healthy well balanced diet and drink plenty, to make sure your taking your pregnancy supplements and to rest but move little and often because then it will help with the spd a bit. Whenever I did too much or sat down too long it caused the pain to get unbearable. Difficult when you have a life to live of course!! Your doing a great job though, just look after yourself and listen to your body - most of all enjoy being pregnant as much as possible, its funny isnt it, when we are pregnant it can be hellish but as soon as our babies are born it doesnt take long to miss being pregnant!! :dohh: x :hugs:

I agree with the other ladies, deffo go see gp or midwife. Hope all goes ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->