What is wrong with my baby!

KatyKat

Reaction score
First few weeks with Zack have been great, but then over the past couple of weeks he seems to have started struggling to poo and fart. As a result feeding has turned into one almighty nightmare. :cry:

Unless it's one of the rare occasions he has just managed to successfully pass wind or fill a nappy, then feeding him is he'll. He constantly squirms around as if he's in pain, but then gets upset when he pulls himself off my nipple (unless it's one of those really pleasant occasions when he gums down really hard on my nipple and pulls that with him....). When he does feed he's constantly bobbing on and off, and it don't think he ever feeds properly, he just seems to be using it as a method of helping him push something through the other end :shrug:

My daughter struggled to bring up wind the other way and we used infacol with her, but I don't think that's going to help in this case.

I'm at the point where I won't leave the house if I think he will need feeding as the thought of trying to feed him in public whilst he carries on like this makes me want to cry. I'm also struggling to survive when I'm getting no more than an hour and a half sleep at a time before he starts the whole feeding/struggling routine again.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice, I really want to keep feeding him myself but I don't think that's going to be possible if this continues :nope:

When he does poo how are they? Green by any chance?

Some babies just have to learn how to poo and fart. They clench the wrong muscles I think, and it stops it from coming out.

I hope a bit of time improves things.

I'm having the exact same issues with my LO, he's just over 2 weeks old, so stalking this thread. We're using Infacol and it does help a little bit, though.

I feel the exact same as you about nursing in public too. :hugs:

Same kinda issues, but he isn't always a fussy nurser, he just nurses too much to soothe his tummy pain away and cries until I give it to him, which I think doesn't help..I'm sure a regular feed routine would help but you can't reason with a newborn! lol....we are using infacol right now and I think it's helped a bit but not a massive amount..once this bottle is finished I'm gonna test out either gripe water or the probiotics for babies I just ordered from amazon, whichever comes first. I have been suggested probiotics by alot of mums in another forum.
It's hard I agree! Should pass by 12 weeks though.

Maybe have a look at your own diet?

Some babies are much more sensitive than others to what's in the breastmilk. My youngest got belly pains at even a hint of caffeine/garlic/citrus fruit, and my diet for the first six months was more restrictive even than when pregnant. He'd react the same way as you describe, with squirming, latching on for comfort then off to ease his belly.

Maybe Google a list of frequent culprits in breastmilk and see if any of them are a part of your own diet?

Best of luck with this. It's hateful but it does pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->