What is wrong with my child I swear she can sleep all day and all night

mommyandbaby

Mom Of 2 Girls, TTC#3
Reaction score
My 19 Month old goes to bed at 6pm- 3pm the next day thats like 14-22 hours of sleep. She doesn't wake up in the night either.
We play & play, All the sudden she will run off into her room "I think she will be getting a new toy for us to play with and I don't see her I'll be sitting there for like 10 mins & well shes back into bed!!!
I have to force her to get up and play. Now I have to keep her door shut or she will go in there and go back to bed.. We will go in there to play with her lil kitchen and will be fine but when I'm not in there or her dad isnt in there we have to shut door. Yesterday she puked twice but other than that was fine no fever. Today shes been really good but she will just go back to bed shes been sleeping like a good 22 hours today non stop we got up I gave her 2 bottles and off to bed she was..!! I just got her back up making her dinner (already had lunch) now shes rubbing eyes and laying on tummy on floor watching tv..
When she goes to my moms for the weekend or her dads they say she gets up at 6am or 7am and stays up till 7pm...
I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to keep her up its starting to snow out side and I really don't want to take her and my 6 month old out in it...

Do you get her up at a set time each morning or does she jsut get up when she likes?

She wakes up when she wants... I try to wake her up and she gets really cranky when I Do so I just leave it be sometimes. I have been trying to just force her up the last few days so she can have educational time. I been trying to get her up at like 10am or 11am

This is only a recent thing? you said she was sick? if it's just the past few days, I wouldn't worry maybe she is just not feeling too good (I sleep loads when I feel ill).

If not, whats her daily routine roughly?? Oh and what time does she go to bed at night?

She always has been like this! She goes to bed at 6pm and sleeps till 3pm the next day and sometimes longer! I feel like a bad mom I have no clue what I'm doing wrong

If I were you, id wake her up. As toria said (I find the same) the more you sleep, the more you feel like you need.

Sounds to me as if her sleep pattern is a little messed up. Maybe put her to bed at 6pm, wake her about 8am?? don't just let her sleep and sleep.

I have to agree...You have to wake her up and make her stay up. :headspin:

I'd also seek advice from your GP. X

Yeah i would speak to your GP hun, 20-22 hours sleep is certainly not normal

I agree, wake her up early at around 8ish and give some breackfast something that will give her energy like fruit, then go out to the park or for a walk or even just let her play in the garden the fresh air will do her good. then if she is really tired let her have a little nap for a couple of hours maybe 1-3ish then wake her up for tea. I would also recommed talking to your GP it cant be healthy for her too much sleep isnt good for you xxxxxx

i agree with what other people have said go and see your gp to get some advice also

Definately seek advice from your GP. I can't see how she'll develop normally if she's sleeping for so long, she wont have chance to learn anything!

Yeah thats what I was thinking Kina, and when does she eat??
Id certainly be at the GP wth her, is it just recently?

You definitely need to go and see a doc hunnie. Charlie's 15 months and he goes bed at about 7pm, is still up at least once a night for an hour:dohh:, and then is up at 6am. He then has about 2 hours nap after lunch. Anything longer than that needs investigating.

She gets up for like 30 mins to eat and drink then she will fall back to sleep. Infact I woke her up at noon cuz I had to clean today and she wants to go back to bed already I get her some oatmeal & an orange. And, now shes fussing trowing herself on ground..
The doctor told me to do what you guys said to do.
So I guess we will see what happend's in the next few days. Its totally unhealthy with all the sleeping she does for me. Now with her dad that she goes to every other weekend, or my moms she wakes up at 7am and stays up without a nap..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->