What is your baby eating in a day at 1yr old?

k4th

Reaction score
I'm hoping to book a holiday for next year - ds will turn 1 whilst we're away (booking waaaay in advance due to dd's school holidays). Just debating self catering vs all inclusive. Self catering I can make stuff & will have a kettle, fridge etc. All inclusive means I can swap meals if needed.

To help me decide can you tell me what a typical day of food looks like for your one year old?? And are you still on formula or have you moved in to milk? I can't remember what we were doing with dd :dohh:

I definitely would do self-catering. I just find it's so much easier to have a kitchen and fridge and to be able to make meals and snacks as we need them instead of trying to plan everyone's meals around convenient restaurant opening times, especially if not everyone needs to eat at the same time. Especially on holiday, we like to have the option of having a meal alone in the evening, so it means I can prepare an earlier kid dinner, get our daughter to bed, and then we can have a nice meal alone after her bedtime. At a year, my daughter was having 3 normal meals a day, plus 1-2 snacks, plus cow's milk. We go through a lot of milk, in cereal/porridge and in cups of milk (at 1, it was 3 cups of about 210 ml a day), so we always need a fridge and a microwave to warm it for the bedtime one. Really I just like having control over what kind of food we have, as there aren't always healthy or especially kid friendly options on menus (I have a kid who won't eat a chicken nugget or chips or other 'kid food' things). So it's nice to be able to pack some things for her when we go out, and then she might also share our meals too. So I would vote for self-catering personally as I think it's easier, but if you had the option of all inclusive that included a kitchen, so you could at least have a fridge and prepare some things at home even if you weren't cooking a whole meal for everyone, that might be a nice balance between the two.

My baby is on formula in the morning and at night. Milk and water throughout the day. She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner when I do.

I'm the opposite I would absolutely go Ll inclusive. It's much more cost effective for us. There was something to eat practically all day- when the main restaurant was closed the snack bars were open. It was all nice food and a good variety. Plus our room still had a fridge and kettle

Thanks all :thumbup:

I'm on mat leave & have been left a bit shocked by the price of holidays abroad during school holidays - even with a free child place :shock:

Mindutopia - I like the idea of me & oh eating later than the kids if we want to :) & agree we definitely need a fridge either way :wacko:

Lora loo - we've done AI before for exactly those reasons. Dd was 18 months the first time & it was great - but we did have a kitchenette. In school holidays the same place is way out of our price zone!!

Thanks for the idea of your daily routine modified :)

I'd do self catering, always found it cheaper plus you don't have to eat at set times if baby naps or whatever.
My son was on 3 meals plus snacks by 1yo and he was on whole cows milk x

Thanks all :)

We missed out on the proper free child places with the major holiday companies - the nice self catering were as much as some of the all inclusives!! We've booked AI but in a one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. Couldn't make our minds up so this is the best if both worlds!!! :)

DD has 3 meals when I eat and snacks in between (2-3). She's on whole cows milk and drinks 18-25oz a day. She also drinks water

Thanks all :)

We missed out on the proper free child places with the major holiday companies - the nice self catering were as much as some of the all inclusives!! We've booked AI but in a one bedroom apartment with a kitchenette. Couldn't make our minds up so this is the best if both worlds!!! :)

Sounds like a good compromise. I hate going on holiday and then feeling like all I'm doing is cooking and washing up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->