What is your favorite laboring and birthing postion

try4girl2

Reaction score
I really want to go natural and it looks like I am going to be geting induced and I was wondering what your favorite laboring and birthing postion were. I know that since I am being induced it is going to be worse pain then if I went naturall so I was wonder what you ladies did to help with the pain.

Thanks

Before I had pain meds I was pretty comfortable (or at least pain wise) standing leaning over the bed slightly or on DH. I was so tired I just wanted to climb back in bed though, but that made the pain worse. When they gave me the IV pain meds I felt great on the bed. :) (I was induced with Cytotec- which I've been told by OBs is worse than Pitocin- and I honestly didn't know I was in labor because I didn't think it was painful enough. I told the nurse 5 when she asked me to rate it 1-10.)

My favourite position to labour in so far is upright on my own 2 feet- but that wasn't an induction it was a rapid natural labour, and the pain wasn't bad at all....not sure I could have stayed on my feet if it was heavy pain.

I've not done birth yet so you can disregard ... :blush:

But have been reading a lot of books. First of all if we can avoid pitocin / any other sort of chemical induction it does look (from an objective standpoint) as though we absolutely should. Tons of threads on here about it; it really should only be done in the absolute worse case scenario as not only is induction painful for the woman but it causes fetal distress leading to more c-sections ... Lots of media available right now talking about birthing on our own schedule vs the doctors, check the book "Pushed" or of course the video "The Business of Being Born"...

My favorite book so far on birth positions is "Active Birth: The New Approach to Giving Birth Naturally", which while including some VERY OLD and funny 1980's hairstyle pics and outfits, is a really good guide to the mechanics of pushing out a baby. They had it in Barnes & Noble and in my library. TONS of natural birth photos in there with biomechanical and historical explanations of why certain positions are easier than others.

Hand and knees, spent my whole labour with Willow like this was great. I could lean into the contractions which helped with the pain and gave me the momentum to push harder

During early labour stood learning over the kitchen side or on the birthing ball. During active labour on my hands & knees but my legs did ache after been in that position for so long.

I spent pretty much the duration of labour on my ball, my contractions were in my hips and thighs, never knew you could get them there lol but the ball made them more bearable. If I stood I'd get an instant contraction (even if I'd just had one) and would be alot worse and hard to breath through. Was so weird.
For the birth I ended up transferring for mec in waters, pushing not long after arrival. I had the head of the bed upright and leaned over there, if at home I planned to be in same position leaning on side of pool or if I got out- leaning over sofa.

I really want to go natural and it looks like I am going to be geting induced and I was wondering what your favorite laboring and birthing postion were. I know that since I am being induced it is going to be worse pain then if I went naturall so I was wonder what you ladies did to help with the pain.

Thanks

labouring lay on my side i sleep when i can the pushing just sat on my ass works well for me id be paranoid people could see my bum hole if i was on my knees bent over and if i pooed it would be dripping everywhere :haha::blush: my crazy mind thinks 2 much:wacko::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->