What is your opinion on the name...

Thanks everyone - I think that the spelling is what was making me unsure - I know to read it how I intended to pronounce it - but I wanted to know how total strangers viewed the name - I think the human brain wants to automatically switch the A and the E to make it more in line with the more common Kea KEE sound - so maybe just Kason or Kayson would eliminate that confusion :) I appreciate all your input - New Mom anxietys are so much FUN ;) hahahaha

I like it! And Im all for alternative name spelling. I automatically got the pronunciation. K(AE) does not make an EE sound

I love it!

Great spelling.

the Kae is like Mae or Rae! I think it may be thought that it is misspelled however you nor the child will be spelling their name wrong!

Yeah i thought that the spelling seemed to be straight forward until my best friend kept texting me Keason - she knows the name and how to spell it but for whatever reason when she texted me - she would sometimes mis-spell it which leads me to believe that might always be an 'issue' and while i still love the name, simplifying the spelling might just make me feel better. I wish I was one of those people who had names picked out for years - though I had a ton of girl names that I could have eaily picked from but of course we got a little boy which is great but I was never prepared with a name for a boy haha

I think it's a lovely name, and would pronounce it as Kay-son, but love the alternate spelling Kaeson!

NN Kace is adorable too! Alternate spelling ideas could be:
Kacein
Kaysen
Kaesen
Kaison (this might make the I too noticeable)
Kasen

ETA: Just realized my girls name is Mikaelyn so maybe that's why I love the 'kae' spelling :)

It's totally up to you how you spell it. I just think it is a faff for kids to spend their whole lives correcting people on how to spell their names so personally I would keep it simple, otherwise the uniqueness of the name is lost because you are too busy explaining to people how to spell it. :flower:

I would disagree... My name is Talia and my last name is also difficult to spell. I often have to correct pronounciation and spelling on both but still LOVE my name, it actually kind of bothers me that it's gaining popularity because growing up I was the only one!
Just think of all the Kristen, Krystyn, Christies etc of the world they have a terribly common name and have to correct the spelling! Hahah

I agree that its becoming the norm for parents to want to make their childs name unique by changing the spelling and maybe the future generations are doomed to have to constantly correct people in spelling/pronunciation regardless of how things are actually spelled - My name is Tara (pronouced Tare-AH - pretty basic and standard and I still get is it Tare-ah or Tar-ah and people who will spell it Tera, Terra, Tarra etc. - I guess it's all relative haha.

Exactly! I'm not bashing anyone who names their kid with a different spelling, I quite like some of the unique ones. I think 'it's just life' with a unique or a common name, like you said, Tara, people will forever screw it up! Doesn't make you like or dislike your name any more or less... Unless its ridiculously hard to spell and sounds like a chemical or anatomy part rather than a name! Then you can hate it! Ikwim!!

IKWIM..Hahaha - maybe I should put that on the table? ;) hahaha

I see you are in AB - and funny story - I went onto the AB registry for babies born in AB in 2012 and they give a list of registered first names and how many babies were registered under that name - so upon going through I found 3 Kaesons spelled like that, a few Kasons and other spellings, but what really got me is how ridiculous some of the names are out there - 1 baby was registered with the first name C (just C) and another with C. and 1 with just the first name R - maybe the new trend is making names as short as possible? lol - if you are curious https://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/Alberta_Top_Babies_Names.cfm and you can see all the names registered for boys and girls throughout the years in AB :D - it's worth a chuckle.

Nice! See my name itself got 20 last year +9 that are alternate spellings... Grr! Haha
We're :yellow: but
Our girl first name and middle name are not on last years list whatsoever! Love it!
Our boy name on the other hand is within the top 5! But it's more traditional and a family name that has been passed down...

I like it! And Im all for alternative name spelling. I automatically got the pronunciation. K(AE) does not make an EE sound

I completely disagree on pronunciation. How would you pronounce haemophilia? It's not haymophilia... I think you should spell it how you want to, with alternative names you will always get somebody saying it wrong anyway.

I like it - but I would spell it Kayson. I was the same way with my son's name. There were a few variations I liked, but decided to go with the one that looked exactly like I want it pronounced so there is no debate as to how to say it correctly!

I completely disagree on pronunciation. How would you pronounce haemophilia? It's not haymophilia... I think you should spell it how you want to, with alternative names you will always get somebody saying it wrong anyway.

but with names you would say 'e' nobody calls Mae -Mee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"