What is your typical breakfast and lunch??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jerseyshoregirl, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Hi everyone!

So I am a creature of habit and that applies to my diet too. I would love to know what healthy breakfasts and lunches you all eat. Dinner changes daily, but I'd love to have a regular schedule for the other two meals. And easy-to-bring-to-work snack ideas would be great too!!

Jeannie

2. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

hi jeannie.
    I always have porridge for breakfast made by the chef at my work...i pinch a bowl when his back is turned...hehe
    and usually have a sandwich for lunch
    you could put some cereal or alpen in a lunchbox and just add the milk at work.

ohhh its nearly sunday....we know what that means...8 weeks preggo!

xx

3. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

Well...

I take a tub of cereal to work and add the milk there. In my lunch bag I have a load of fruit as I am craving these alot (apple, banana, plums, oranges, nectarines) and also a pot noodle as I love them alot right now which is strange but am sure they arent good for you but its my back up for when I am feeling a bit rubbish.

For lunch its a sandwich or I take a flask of soup or in summery times a salad. Crisps and a yoghurt.

Emma.xx

4. DevotedMommy

DevotedMommy Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2

Every morning for breakfast, I eat toast with peanut butter and jelly. I just started craving that every day with this pregnancy. I drink water with it. I used to drink tea in the morning but have developed an aversion to tea. Usually for lunch I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or beef stew... Although I just had the last of the beef stew so I will make something new for next week. You can cut up veggies to take to work too. Saltines are a daily staple too. I keep those for the afternoon to evening nausea that always strikes.

5. I love Sunday's!!!! :happydance::happydance:

6. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

I normally have cereal for breakfast, normally weetabix or porridge? sometimes i have banana on toast or maybe boiled egg with toast. Lunch is either, soup and a roll, beans on toast, sardnines on toast, sometimes I have left over pasta from tea. Snack on friut, nuts throughot the day

7. I thought peanut butter was a no-no because of the possibility of nut allergies??? Keep in mind, I am a worrier...and restrict what I eat/drink greatly based on what I find out.

8. boiled egg with toast. soup and a roll. I think I just found my staples!!!

9. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

i think Im a day behind you guys, but OMG!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

10. celine

celine Well-Known Member

I like museli with yogurt some sometimes add berries :)

11. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

mrsholmes, i believe you are, you could join us with a bit of tipex and a date change on your pregnancy notes, im sure no one would notice...hehe

12. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

I just eat anything, as long as its unhealthy and especially if its full of carbs lol

Ive spent this afternoon baking flapjack covered in chocolate with the kids, yum yum xxxx

13. DevotedMommy

DevotedMommy Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2

OMG, I didn't know that!!! I feel so stupid!!! I have been craving peanut butter like crazy too. I just found this online:

Although there is not yet an extensive amount of research on fetal sensitization, there have been suggestions that a fetus may be exposed to peanut allergens if a woman consumes peanut products while pregnant, so that an infant with predisposition to allergy may develop a peanut allergy.

I DO have many food allergies and my daughter does as well, although peanuts are fine for both my daughter and I. Yikes!!! So do you all think I should avoid peanut butter then???

14. NatalieW

NatalieW Well-Known Member

I had porridge then threw it up again, so not been eating that!!!

So now I'm on toasted bagel, scrambled egg with marmite on top of the egg, spread thingly... yumm

15. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Since I got pregnant I have craved cornflakes every morning with ice cold milk.

Snack mid-morning is usually sliced peaches with yoghurt.

Lunch I will have a wrap with marinated peppers,feta and lots of crunchy lettuce or a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese.

Or a hot tuna melt or mozzarella and pesto melt :)

16. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

I still eat peanut butter. A few times a week. There is no cause for concern by my doctor because there are no known peanut allergies in my family. None of my girls have it and I crave peanut butter bad when I am pregnant. At least once in my pregnancy I go like a full 1-2 weeks of peanut butter on toast with raspberry jam. Then I slow down some and end up like I do now. Eat it a few times a week. Probably less. Then I go to nothing

Breaky: normally cereal
    Lunch: toast with something on it.. Depends on how I feel.

I snack around eating yogurts and I try to eat as much fruit as I can.

17. Soon2be3

Soon2be3 Guest

be careful with feta!

For breakfest I have bagel,ham,cheese and egg

lunch can of ensure usually to busy to eat

18. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Cereal for breakfast.
    Usualy a sarnie for lunch but depends what I feel like really
    Xx

19. I just had to go out and buy cornflakes and milk this afternoon for breakfast this morning!! As soon as I read that, I knew I had to buy it!:rofl:

20. What is a sarnie???