What kind of birth are you hoping for??

I'd like a water birth with minimal pain relief in a perfect world.

Painfree, lol! I really admire all of you brave ladies who are opting for a natural/home birth. I will be asking for the epidural as soon as it is available. I'm a scared first timer! xx

I'm hoping to labour as long as poss at home, using hypnobirthing. Then a water birth at hospital. Hopefully it will be chilled out, no tearing, and quick!

Hi there,

I'm interested in having the same sort of birth - what preparation are you doing for hypnobirthing? I'm listening to some relaxation natal hypnotheraphy CD's as I'm only 15 weeks and 2 days so far so plenty of time to go!

But I'm really keen to a hypnobirthing labour plus a water birth if I can.

One without an epidural or pain meds in an IV. I am going to try and go as long as I can without it. Scared, but really really scared of an epidural and I think that fear is bigger for some insane reason! I will be in a hospital with just hubby as our families live across the country.

This is my first and I'm hoping for a water birth at a birthing center, I'm going to tour it tomorrow

They have informed me that they have absolutely NO pain relief available.. I'm starting to get scared :shock: should I be?

I just want a birth with a living breathing baby. I dont care how he comes out. I just want him alive at this point. I will take this baby healthy or not, term or not, "natural" or c section... this is my 5th baby and I know in 1 year if the baby is alive I will be very thankful no matter how he comes!

If I could "PICK" a way to give birth, I would pick a fast one.... one where the baby comes out magically and one second he is in my tummy and the next he is out, and there was no labor or stretching of my girly parts or c section.... just like magic...

because it turns out that getting a baby out of my body HURTS for me no matter which of the non- magic ways you go... vaginal birth hurts me, and so does a c section.

I guess you could say the only thing I hope that doesn't happen is that I go through a 48 hour back labor, the baby gets stuck during 7 hours of pushing where I have 4th degree tears, and then they push the baby back in and do a vertical c section at the last minute... But I doubt that will happen.

If the baby needs a c section, that is fine, because they are NOT the end of the world. if I can give birth vaginally that is fine too, because really all I want is for the baby to be alive, and if we are lucky enough to get a healthy baby, I will be ecstatic!

One without an epidural or pain meds in an IV. I am going to try and go as long as I can without it. Scared, but really really scared of an epidural and I think that fear is bigger for some insane reason!
I feel the same way! The idea of that giant scary needle going into my back seems worse than anything that happens in natural labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->