what kind of pain relief did you use?

SIEGAL

Pregnant mother of 1
Reaction score
I am curious what kind of pain relief everyone used.

I voted other as i had a crash section and got put to sleep. No time for anything else xxx

I've voted narcotic pain relievers - as I assume pethedine would come under this category - and gas and air :)

oops! forgot c-section! I read so many stories of ladies who did it med-free and I don't know how. I wanted to kill myself at 10 cm w/ no epidural (Finally got it at 10- haha!). I was curious if as many ladies go pain med free as it seems

I voted gas and air. Got to 10cm and pushed for 2hrs with just that but he was back to back and wasn't moving so ended with a forceps delivery. They were prepping me for a section so had to have a spinal block.

I voted for epidural but I used the birthing ball to get me to 7 cm (which was awesome). Then they moved me to the tub and I couldn't tolerate the contractions in the tub. I decided that I couldn't handle the strong contractions anymore and was getting very tired so I asked for an epidural. I'm glad I did because I ended up with internal monitors, an assisted delivery and a 2nd degree tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->