What kind of pain should I expect?

dsbeH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just wondering, are the bad contraction like pains going to come on out of the blue? or is it gradual? I just started bleeding today and not sure whats going to happen now...

Hey hun. Sorry to hear your news. I MC at 6 weeks in 09, and had quite bad sudden contractions, but after about 20mins it all went. I also MC after my son this year at 4 weeks (so just preg) 3 weeks ago, and felt no pain at all. Just bled for about 6 days.

Hope that helps xx

mine started kindof gradual.. like cramps.. but then i realised they were coming in waves.. and then they got stronger when my babys sac popped and i started passing stuff..

Thank you. How long after it starts does it get "really bad" I'm afraid to go to work tomorrow...

It just depends on how far along you are. If this is an earlier MC then it will be like a heavy period, if it is a later term MC then you will have contractions, but not as bad as giving birth. So sorry for your loss. I would stay home from work.

I would stay home from work as, for me, it was like a heavy period until the end when I had six hours of contractions (the GP gave me some lovely painkillers, tho)...also just to take it easy ...

best wishes

My pain started like AF cramps, then contraction-like pain for several hours. I continued to have pretty sever cramping for about 36 hours, but my doctor gave me pain meds to help. I was only 5 weeks 3 days, so I don't know that you can judge the pain on how far along you are.

So sorry for your loss.

I miscarried at 6 weeks.

My pain was very intense, it came in waves like contrations....

It was the worst pain I have ever experianced. It came in sharp waves at times it was so bad that I would puke but after it was all over, my body felt so relieved, I slept for like 10 hours.

i miscarried last week i was in very bad pain, it was my first miscarriage and not even prescription painkillers helped it has lasted from mon last week untill today so a week and four days, when i passed the last of the blood and other stuff (sorry for tmi)

i miscarried at six and a half weeks it ended today after 10 days nothing helped with the pain. it was my first pregnancy.

I just had a mc at 6 weeks. I found out on 11-4 that my hcg levels were dropping and I would mc. on 11-5 I had some pretty severe cramps and spotting then it stopped until around 11-7. Then I started having cramps that were a little worse than AF at times. I didn't take any pain killers or anything. On 11-10 I started bleeding pretty heavy and passing stuff (tmi). I really didn't cramp too bad during the heavy bleeding. I was at work on 11-5 and although I worked even though I was in physical pain it was really hard working with the emotional pain. I cried off and on all day at work. I am a nurse you can imagine as a patient you don't like to see your nurse with smeared makeup and red puffy eyes. I would stay home if you could and just take it easy. So sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hi.. Sorry for your loss. :hugs:

I think it's different for everyone.

I was 5 weeks + 4 days and honestly I basically didn't have any pain at all. I felt such little cramps that it almost wasn't even there. Best of luck to you.

hi there, i am currently going through a misscariage and i was 10 and half weeks i found ouit only yesterday baby was gone :( i have hevier bleeding and i have now been experiencing really painfull contrations i have a d&c booked in tomorro.
Hope this helps

Hi everyone, I completed my miscarriage yesterday at about 9 weeks with a blighted ovum. I was bleeding heavily for the first two days and on day 3 experienced extreme pain that was so bad I felt I needed to go to the hospital. Turns out the gestational sac was stuck at the opening of my cervix (sorry if tmi) and was not able to pass on its own. Thankfull the ER doctor was able to assist me and pull it out for me. I found once the sac passed, the pain went away instantly. I am so sorry for your loss :(:(

I miscarried at 7 weeks 7 days in October and didn't feel any pain but bled for 2 weeks only now just got my first af, I think everyone is different hope your ok x

I think this post will be good (well not good) for future reference if a lovely lady wuch as everyone on here is going through a miscarriage.

My first miscarriage was at 7 weeks and it didn't hurt much. It felt like a small pinch and then a 'release' like all the tension in my abdomen just went. I knew that second what was happening. I took two painkillers and let nature take over, other than that, it didn't hurt. I felt sore for two weeks after.

My second miscarriage (June) was at 16 weeks pregnant. I went into full blown labour whilst on the toilet (strong contractions, the sweats and intense pain), again I felt the pinch and relax of my womb, but much stronger this time. I went to the hospital and they did nothing. I went home and went through labour without painkillers. It was bareable in physical pain but definately not comfortable.

I miscarried at 10 weeks and my pain was really bad after about 24 hours of bleeding. I started passing clots and heavy bleeding and had to go to hospital due to blood loss - I think its different and depending on how far along you are, hope your pain isnt too bad.

So sorry for your loss

Mc'd at 5 weeks and only had a little pain ( sort of like mild menstral cramps ) for a few hours after i started bleeding and that was it. Bled pretty heavy with alot of clots for probably about 5 days or so. So sorry for your loss hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->