What kind of Parent WOULD you have been...

Just looking at your siggy what does corrected aged mean? is that what they were meant to be? my due date was yesterday so would rosalies corrected age be 1 day?!

xx

Yep, corrected age is the age they would have been if they went full term. So Rosalie is indeed 1 day old.:flower:

All developmental milestones etc should be measured from corrected age rather than the actual age.

That's if you pay attention to such things:winkwink:

Well just to add my two pence worth lol - I have twins one Fynn was in NICU for nearly three weeks and Sam who wasnt in at all. I am MORE protective over Fynn and get scared every time he is sick (he had a food intolerance due to immature bowel) I believe I bonded better with Fynn straight away. Sam is robust and laid back whereas Fynn is sensitive and appears to be more fragile in body and spirit - its very very early days as Fynn has only been home a few weeks but I think my feelings towards my boys are more due to their individual characters than the NICU experience. xxx

Not really sure to be honest...I might not have been as relaxed as I am now. Having seen what a premmie babies goes through when Emily cries we don't rush to her as we know she is ok, whereas if she was full term I might have rushed to her every whimper, who knows.
Also I had the best coaching for looking after a baby so felt I was really prepared for her coming home. If she had been full term I might have been all fingers and thumbs and bit of reck trying to work it all out.
Great question and has made me think about this.

I think I would have been less relaxed had Connor been my first, but as a 2nd time mum I don't worry as much.

Our bonding wasn't affected but he did bf from early on and I did practically live in. I think I gloss over the scbu stay and he never gave us any scares once he was out and I saw much more fragile babies (albeit bigger than Connor). He was in a incubator for 3 days and due to my section I only saw him for 10 minutes on that first day and then had to wait 20 hours before I could get to see him again. I did get annoyed reading a post on another forum were the mum is having terrible trouble getting over the fact that she didn't get her skin to skin for 1 hour after her child's birth (full termer, none scbu stay), but I suppose she has a right to feel that way and I'm being mean.

I did get annoyed reading a post on another forum were the mum is having terrible trouble getting over the fact that she didn't get her skin to skin for 1 hour after her child's birth (full termer, none scbu stay), but I suppose she has a right to feel that way and I'm being mean.
It's natural to get annoyed with these things. I think full term mums just don't understand. I'm sure it felt terrible for her, but it is nothing compared to not seeing your LO for 24 hours - which was how long it took before I saw Abby. I wouldn't say you were being mean at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->