What might have happened this cycle?????

Jaxie086

Reaction score
I am a little confused about what happened this cycle. I really thought I was pregnant, but I'm not. I got my af oct. 3. I'm confused though because of the symptoms I started getting a few dpo. First of all let me start by saying that I have very regular cycles, practically to the day. I also don't do bc. I never get cramping during ovulation and the only time I start cramping is when af arrives, not days before. This time though (ttc) I had two separate days where I experienced af-like cramping about a week and a half before af arrived (no spotting). I NEVER get cramping this early. I also had a day of those pinching sensations in my lower abdomen. I also had other symptoms like fatigue, tender breasts, and achy knees/legs. All pregnancy tests were BFNs.

I wonder if the egg got fertilized but didn't implant correctly? Is this what a chemical mc is? My af was not late, in fact, it was a day early. My af seems normal.

I'm not concerned, as this is only the first month of ttc. But if something similar happens again I may go to the obgyn just to have things checked out :) I'm just curious because I know that cramping was not "in my head" and it was not a typical thing to happen for me that early in my cycle.

It is possible you had a chemical. I had symptoms 3dpo on my bfp cycle so I definitely think fertilization symptoms are possible. And it is possible that if you didn't really implant that you didn't produce any hcg or very little and then you just got your period on time so tests came back negative. I suggest always tracking everything you feel. Then you know what to recognize and have something to refer back to for future cycles (which hopefully aren't too many).

If your AF came on time and was for the most part "normal" the cramping you could have been feeling could have been from having an annovulatory cycle. My last cycle was annovulatory and I had so much cramping and pregnancy like symptoms I thought for sure I was pregnant. The only thing I didn't have was a positive test and AF came on time. My doctor told me that your body still cramps a lot to try to release an egg during an annovulatory cycle but there is no mature egg to be released. I think every woman has one occasionally and yours could have been unlucky timing that your body decided to go annovulatory the first cycle you were ttc. A chemical is usually late and often very heavy bleeding with lots of clots so I don't think that was what you had. I hope you catch the egg soon and wish you only the best of luck!

If your AF came on time and was for the most part "normal" the cramping you could have been feeling could have been from having an annovulatory cycle. My last cycle was annovulatory and I had so much cramping and pregnancy like symptoms I thought for sure I was pregnant. The only thing I didn't have was a positive test and AF came on time. My doctor told me that your body still cramps a lot to try to release an egg during an annovulatory cycle but there is no mature egg to be released. I think every woman has one occasionally and yours could have been unlucky timing that your body decided to go annovulatory the first cycle you were ttc. A chemical is usually late and often very heavy bleeding with lots of clots so I don't think that was what you had. I hope you catch the egg soon and wish you only the best of luck!

Yes!! I totally didn't think of that. I am also having an anovulatory "cycle." Well I am coming off of a miscarriage but I don't ovulate on my own so I am waiting for first af to arrive. But lots of women do ovulate during this time. But my body has geared up to O twice. Right now I feel all crampy and bloaty like I did during my bfp cycle but no af and negative tests (which I was happy to finally see). Af is still a few days away if it goes by normal schedule. But I have been having similar symptoms as before. But I know I can't be pregnant again.

Good luck and fx for this new cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"