what music for the birth?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello girls,

i would like to have some music playing while i am in labour and when i have baby but im not sure what music to have.

any ideas?

Perhaps something thats soothing but with words so you can distract yourself. Have you heard of Enya? My family loves her music, it's really nice and calming and soothing.

i think i would go opposite no words, i thinking nice soothing calm music, but someone singing would annoy me. good luck in deciding.

yeah, each person is different I guess. I am not entirely sure what I would want, but I think something so I could try and take my mind off the pain. Its seriously worth downloading an Enya song and giving it a listen, it may be exactly what your after.
I think I would probably want my country music in there so i can sing and dance, lol.

thank you.
ill have a look at Enya.
im planning on using the birthing pool at the hospital.
ive seen some CDS but they have only had about 8 or 9 tracks,and if im in labour for a long time i might get fed up with it playing over and over all the time.

I've got a few different cd's ready for labour...
Sacred Earth Drums
Tibetan Chants
Meditation Chants
Some of my own favourite 'quiet' music and some louder music.

It might be a good idea to have some singing songs because some women find singing helps labour along.

thank you.

in some gift type shops they have a selection of CDs like natural sounds and tranquil music with waves braking and all that if you know what i mean.
i might get a selection of those and some proper music music.
cheers x x

it really depends on what you like. I have been listening to the album "Trouble" by Ray LaMontagne, for months now and Bubba really like it, although we have different favorites. So I will be listening to that. :D

get a mp3 player and set it to random download a big mix of soothing and dancy singing stuff? thats what i did because that way you dont have to fiddle with cds, and its less space in your labour bag :-D

i had enya and air also the spirit of meditation :)

Enya
Some kind of natural/whale noises. Rain is usually nice, rainforests etc.

I think words would distract me in that situation-you should go with calming,no words.They say that music can sometimes relieve the pain,help people wake up from a coma and babies that are played music while in womb are smater...

you can get chill out compilations from ne good cd store nowadays. i think i might go for one of those x x x lol

I would opt for no words as well, too much of a distraction.

It's not everyone's thing, but there is an album called "Officium", which has a rather unusual mix of renaissance choral music and jazz saxophone - it sounds totally weird, and in a way it is, but it is soft, and very soothing and relaxing. Might be worth a go. I would also advocate Enya, or if you like that sort of thing, any celtic compilation CDs

Hope it goes well

I'm bringing my iPod... I think I'll listen to the reg stuff thats on it in the beginning, before I'm in lots of pain. To keep me distracted. Then I think I'll listen to soothing wordless music later in labor when I need the calm distraction. This might sound really lame, and I dont know if any of you have heard of him, but when I was younger, the only thing that would put me to sleep was Yanni. Its wordless piano playing, and its quite beautiful, so I'll probably download that. I might just recommend a variation so that you can choose what feels right when your in labor.

thanks girls thats a real help.
i might download different things onto my ipod so i can or hubby can pick and choose.

i like the idea of natural sounds like whales and rainforests.
but i dont want it too sleepy coz i dont want to be falling asleep in the birthing pool. haha

The hospital birthing center has a couple of stations on the television that are music only, and geared for relaxing birth. There's a religious channel, a "peace" channel (enya type non vocal instrumental music), and a nature channel that has nature sounds like a running stream, wind in the pines etc.

I think there are a couple more, but I think these will be fine depending on what I feel like at the time. I dont' think I'm going to worry about bringing any extra stuff with me.

I want the theme tune from Rocky!

Couldnt personally stand all that whale music. it's drive me bonkers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->