What name would you choose if...?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I thought this would be fun.

What name would you pick if...

You weren't worried about popularity?

You weren't worried about what others would think?

You weren't worried about the style of the name, for example people the name being 'chavvy' or too posh?

For me these things make a big difference. If I wasn't bothered about popularity I think I'd go with Sophie for a girl, and stick with Jasper for a boy (name we've picked anyway). If I wasn't worried about what people would think it would be Vesper for a girl, and something awful and posh like Wilbur, Humphrey or Rupert for a boy. :haha: And I'm not sure on the last one!

If I am honest we didn't consider these things when picking our names other than making sure it didn't rhyme with our surname. We just went with what we liked which are:

Georgia
Blake

X

My "Too scared to use names"

Boy :- Grayson Cordero
Girl :- River, Holland and Romi

OH won't entertain them, and my parents would disown me lol

Names id choose of they weren't too popular, didn't sound too similar with my other children's names, or didn't clash with my surname, or dh didn't hate would be:

Theodore (nn Teddy)
Flynn
Finn
Charlie (really 'chavvy' where we live)
Tommy (same as above)
Tate

Theodora (nn Teddie)
Phoebe
Ivy (still contemplating this one)
Ava (still one of my faves, hoping the popularity drops a bit over next year)
Rose
Molly
Millie
Ella
Lilah

If I didn't care what anyone thought then I'd probably use Chester for a boy. I have no idea why I love it but I think it's SO adorable. Everyone looks at me like I'm a crazy person if I mention it though. :haha:

If I didn't care what anyone thought then I'd probably use Chester for a boy. I have no idea why I love it but I think it's SO adorable. Everyone looks at me like I'm a crazy person if I mention it though. :haha:

I used to work with someone names Chester! :haha:

Names I love but ruled out because of popularity: Charlie, Oliver and Finlay, and for girls Amélie, Elsa (this was my favourite name for years and now bloody Disney have ruined it!!) and Eva

Names I'd use if I didn't care what people thought (although I think I'd use them anyway if OH would let me!):
Casper for a boy, i love it so much! And Juniper or Clover for girls, but everyone I know says Clover is a cows name!

And style wise I like:
Aiden and Tyler for boys but they're a bit 'chavvy' in my area and Fox and Atreyu, but they're too 'hippy' for me to get away with. For girls I like Amber but I don't like 'precious stone' names, and I love Seren but I feel like I'd need some Welsh heritage to pull it off which I don't have.

Isobel or Amelia for a girl, none of te boys names I like are super popular.

Fox, Leif or Herbert for a boy and I can't think of any for a girl.

You weren't worried about the style of the name, for example people the name being 'chavvy' or too posh?
Same as above for a boy and Aurora for a girl- I think I'd still use it though.

I like your too posh boys names- DD probably would have been Rupert if she was a boy, or Wilfred (Wilf) which is quite similar to Wilbur :haha:

If I didn't care about how it flowed with my last name, I would use Charlotte or Rachel for a girl. Charlotte with my last name is too close to a clothing company, and Rachel with my last name is too close to a TV character.

If I didn't care about popularity I would go with Ethan for a boy and Sophie or Isabelle for a girl.

If I didn't care about it sounding a little odd I would go with Leif or Grayson for a boy, and Ezra, Astrid, Delilah or Florence for a girl.

If I wasn't worried about popularity: Ava, Sophia, Isabella, Olivia, Lilliana/Lily, Andrew, Jayden, Noah

If I wasn't worried about what others would think: Giovanni, Giorgio, Seven (girl), Sapphire, Kyloh (boy), Sage (boy), Skyler (boy)

If I wasn't worried about the name being considered too "chavvy" (or dated): Landon, Tyler, Austin, Brandon, Avaya, Kayliana, Aaliyah, Skylee/Skyleigh, Brooklyn

I wasn't worried about popularity but I guess Isabella/Bella would fall into this. DH just didn't like it because of Twilight.

If I thought I could pull them off I also liked:

Gabriella
Addison
Brandon
Parker
Arwen

I also like Anna but because of Frozen I wouldn't now. Mostly because we love the film and it would be linked so much to that.

Boy:
Ashley James I have always wanted to name a boy Ashley and call him Ash but "it's a girls name"
Eli Merlin Merlin was my beloved grandfathers name - jokes about wizards
Max Danger do I need to explain

Girl:
Scarlett Everly too popular, people either love or hate the name
Nakita Olivia Nakita was my aunts names (passed away) but has, uh, ethnic tones in my area so it might be hard to get an interview as sad as that sounds
Lucy Storm Wouldn't Max Danger & Lucy Storm make a great sibset :)
Stella Marvel see above
Nora Ainsley popular "old lady name"

Boy:
Ashley James I have always wanted to name a boy Ashley and call him Ash but "it's a girls name"

Girl:
Nakita Olivia Nakita was my aunts names (passed away) but has, uh, ethnic tones in my area so it might be hard to get an interview as sad as that sounds
Stella Marvel see above

Pleeeease call your children Max Danger and Lucy Storm! Love it! I love Tabitha Catherine (Tabby Cat) and Rory Leo (Roary lion) as a sibset but it would definitely be a strp too far :haha:

I always thought I might use Isla or Stella for a girl as those were my grandmother and great-aunt's names, but they have just become out-of-control popular in the last few years.

If our second was a boy, I would have loved to have called him Dove (the name of a well-known former mayor of my city). I think I could have gotten my OH across the line but I just know it would have been waaaaay too much for my FIL and MIL and we would never hear the end of it. But our second was a girl anyway.

I love the name Sakura and my OH loves Noor but I just couldn't get past the 'foreignness' of those names. We chose a French name for our daughter and even that feels a bit weird to me, but I do really love it, and her nickname Anglicizes easily.

Boy:

Girl:
Stella Marvel see above

My LO is called Ashley James, glad you like his name!

My 'if it wasn't so popular names' would be Scarlet or Isla

My 'if it weren't for what others (OH) thinks' names are Felicity, Elsa and Jeremy

My 'if it wasn't a bit too posh' name is Rupert

I also have some 'if it wasn't for OHs surname' names which are Dylan, Nancy and Darcy

My LO is called Ashley James, glad you like his name!

My 'if it wasn't so popular names' would be Scarlet or Isla

My 'if it weren't for what others (OH) thinks' names are Felicity, Elsa and Jeremy

My 'if it wasn't a bit too posh' name is Rupert

I also have some 'if it wasn't for OHs surname' names which are Dylan, Nancy and Darcy

I am so terribly jealous Button#
I have loved that name since I was a kid but I got a big fat no from DH and the family.

Scarlette - but it's been used in the form of Skarlet in our family.
Jupiter and Luna - may use for future pets.
Evangeline - ruined by the MIL as she hates it thinks it's awful.
Xx

I like the names Jayden and jade but they're considered chavvy where I live which puts me off. I also do worry about what lo themselves will feel like with their name.. I love the name Arthur for a boy but worry a teenager who dislike it on themselves, along with a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->