What nappies to use at night?

nervouspains

Love being a Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

What kind of nappies do you use at night?

Im still fairly new to reusables, so am still using sposies at night time.

I have a gorgeous boy, who is a heavy wetter at night with the occasional number 2 thrown in lol... Any suggestions what to try?

Also, first thing in the morning after his brekkie he does a poo so I put a sposie on him first thing too, to not 'waste' a reusable for only 30min wear- What would you do in my position? Carry on using the disposable or just buy some more inserts??

Thanks! :kiss:
xxx

We started out using BG Flips with 2 inserts and they worked great for us.
Were now trying out fitteds like weenotions night notions with wool that will allow the skin to breathe a bit better.

Alex does the same morning poop after being up for 30 mins, we just use a reuseable as we have enough to be able to do so.

We use an organic flip with a bg newborn insert or Easy peasy hemp booster in the middle.

Q varies from night to night (depending how much he wees during the day) I've had some sodden wet in the morning and others totally dry!!

im not using cloth at night yet but will be soon hopefully I need to build my stash first though and that takes money lol

We are fans of the fitted + wool cover in our house :thumbup: Nappy of choice is a WeeNotions Night Notion :)

It's entirely up to you if you want to stick your LO in a sposie till he gets the morning poo out of the way ;) My LO does similar, but she tends to have very solid "log poos", so with a fleece liner, I tend to get away with just changing the liner. It helps that 99% of the time I catch her as she is poo'ing, so I can change instantly :haha:

wool and fitted are a popular choice for many...

I know you have Flips already and are pretty comfortable using them...so you could use them at night with two of your Staydry inserts or you could buy some of the organic inserts and put a staydry ontop of an organic (more absorbent) to keep max dry in the night?

:flower:

Just started using a Pop-in with an extra booster. Had been using Nature Baby disposables but have recently switched to cloth at night. My daughter also does the morning poop shortly after having her nappy changed and I tend to pick out one of my least favourite reusables as I know she won't be wearing it long.

I know you have Flips already and are pretty comfortable using them...so you could use them at night with two of your Staydry inserts or you could buy some of the organic inserts and put a staydry ontop of an organic (more absorbent) to keep max dry in the night?

I use Flips overnight! An organic with a small BG insert on top for now usually.

2 bamboo squares, folded together, covered by a wool wrap. It has NEVER failed me overnight, and squares really aren't difficult to use, once you've done a couple. they wash and dry fabulously. A wool cover is a must for overnight, whatever you put underneath!!!

We use PopIns with a night booster and the mini booster. So far it's worked well for us :thumbup:
Evie also does a morning poo so I tend to put on a "boring" nappy on her for that ;)

I use fitteds (WNNNs, bumhugger, bedbug, TB stretchy, goodmamas - I have one of each lol) with either a WN or ME wrap, a fleece soaker or wool pants. Its been variable for us though tbh, occasionally we've even had the odd leak with them :wacko:

I'm really pleased with the issy bear night nappy, I use both inserts and an extra bamboo pad, and it seems to work amazingly with my massive widdler!!! must get more ....

I use a blueberry pocket diaper with both their micro fleece inserts, then add a hemp insert. It looks stylish and keeps her dry! lol

We were using flips with a booster, then wonderoo v1 with both inserts.... We had some wicking with this which became more regular, LO is a heavy wetter! We've now gone to motherease one size bamboo and bamboo booster with either fleece wrap, me wrap or thirsties... Depending on wash day! ME bamboo seems to be great for us at the moment! I put a fleece liner to keep the soggy bamboo away from him.

We were using flips with a booster, then wonderoo v1 with both inserts.... We had some wicking with this which became more regular, LO is a heavy wetter! We've now gone to motherease one size bamboo and bamboo booster with either fleece wrap, me wrap or thirsties... Depending on wash day! ME bamboo seems to be great for us at the moment! I put a fleece liner to keep the soggy bamboo away from him.

I always use fleece liners too :thumbup:

Question ladies Avalon isnt sleeping through yet but I want to start trying to use nappies at night with her too instead of the 'sposies. Just wondering if I use a flip organic with a booster will that draw the wetness away from her so she wont need changing at all during the night even if she wakes for a feed? Or do I still need to change the nappy too?

i stopped doing night changes when he dropped his 11/12pm feed and he would then go till after his 6am feed he was sleeping at that point from about 10-3 waking for a feed then going back till 6, he moved that 3am feed later and later by himself lol then we lost it all together, but i was using sposies at this time

so long as you have a staydry layer in there and something that will hold the mositure without wicking or leaking under slight pressure then you should be fine u just dont want nappy leaks when you pick up to feed

I was going to use a flip oganic insert with a bg newborn on top and a fleece liner? :)

I would have thought that'll be fine :) The fleece liners are fab arent they? :thumbup:

Yep I made some myself with fleece fabric I ordered from abakhans online and made a template from a itti dlish insert :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->