what now

mickey

Reaction score
desperate to get this expressing - bottlefeeding thing working to give me the possibility to have some time off in between in future Juleika wont take the bottle :dohh:

what now?

has anybody any advice?

thx :hi:

Hi Mickey

Have you been trying different teats with Julieka? They're all really different so she might take one? Is it you or someone else trying to give her the bottle? Might have more success if it's not you. When they give the bottle, do you pop it in an out of the mouth? I heard that's a trick that sometimes work, pop it in then gently take out then in/out etc and the baby should then start to chase the bottle and latch onto it! What about the temp of the milk? A friend of mine said she had to heat the milk quite warm to get her little one to take it then said she's actually really hot herself so maybe her milk is very warm!

Hope you get some success, most importantly persevere

I was wondering what bottles you used but didn't want to say anything incase since I can't relate. Tommee nature ones are suppose to resemble Mums boob?!

we have bottles of boots which came with the steriliser, but we have two different type of tits, tried only one of them so far.

we have the latex ones from NUK and the boots ones which came with the steriliser.

we will keep on trying, thx guys :hi:...

...different tits and I think a very good hint is the temperature and that sb else is trying to give her the bottle (this is what it is all 'bout anyway) :hi:

Don't do it yourself and try warming the teat just before you give her it. We've stopped doing it as I just don't have the time to express atm, so I wouldn't be surprised if she refuses the bottle when we start up again lol.

I had real trouble with both my girls taking to a bottle, one would only take it if it was really warm, but the other I had to get the closer to nature bottles and she eventually took it.

I have breastfed for over a year! and not once would Livi take it froma bottle.

I found that once she hit 3 months I could give it her in a beaker, you can also cup feed from an early age too.

There is a bottle called the breast bottle nurser, I have heard its worked for some mummies you can find it on google.
(expensive though)

Livi didnt like any bottle not even the tommie tippie ones, honestly dont waste your money on all these products I found just cup feeding was the best.

Saying that once the get to three or maybe even two months you may have a couple of hours to yourself.

I craved abit time for myself and even and hour helped give me that boost, just remember that its only a small part of their life that they are like this and so dependant on, they will be all grown up and toddling aroundin no time at all :cry:

that sounds like a good idea as she takes the milk from a spoon.

for the time being I thought by myself, as you say as well, I should enjoy the time together with her when she still so tiny as I find it is possibly the greatest joy in life to have your baby suckling on your breast :baby:

:hugs: Oh yes its a wonderful bonding moment when nursing your child and I really do feel that you are doing a fabulous job, keep up the good work :hugs:

As she gets older you will see what great effect it will have on her as she grows.

My little one is 13 months and is stopping :cry: but she did it all on her own, shes a very confident and happy little girl I am so pleased I got through all those hard times.

Good luck and take care :hugs:

Other tips include offering the bottle before baby gets hungry, perhaps half an hour before their feed as they are more likely to try it then when they are hugry and just want milk. Also perhaps when she is sleepy too, as they istinctively suckle when tired.

foreverlove - wow 13 months is an amazing achievement, be proud your little girlis deciding that she is ready to move onto the next stage (though it is hard, I missed it for ages :()

:hugs: Thank you beanie

I will miss it :cry: but yes I am pleased she cose to herself.

Take care :hugs:

:hi: what kind of beaker or cup did you use? one for babies?

It was a tommie tippie beaker that said 4 months but it was ok for her as it has a very slow flow and they need to suck hard, it has only 1 hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->