What on earth is going on with my AF?!?! (Don't read and run) ;)

Ashley1021

Pregnant with my first!
Reaction score
Well ladies.. Ever since I started my period when I was a teenager it has always been heavy, clotty and horrible. My fiancé and I are trying to conceive baby number one. Well when I got my period Tuesday morning (three days early) I was bummed. I had some light bleeding when typically I bleed through a tampon an hour. I went through two a day and they weren't even full. This morning I had three brown dots of blood and that's it.. It's over! What?! A two day light period has NEVER happened to me? What's up with that?!

Hmmm tgat is strange. Possibly IB especially if it was that light as opposed to your normal heavy flow. It coukd be time to buy a test GL

I was thinking the same.. I have three HPTs at home. I took one monday which was obviously negative. I started bleeding Tuesday and figured it was AF. Usually when I notice AF in the middle of the night like I do I stand up and blood drips everywhere (tmi) that's how heavy it is! But I stood up without problems and put a tampon in. I just don't want to be disappointed! :(

If it ends up you're not preggers you may want to look into menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea to see if those are things you are dealing with (which it does sound like from your description). Our periods shouldn't be excessively heavy, clotty, or painful and this could possibly be a bit of a hormonal imbalance. If nothing else you may be able to find a way to rid yourself of horrible periods! GL and I hope your BFP is around the corner! :dust:

I was out on BC as a teen to stop the cramps and terrible bleeding which worked. But now that I'm not on BC it's terrible. I remember changing my tampon yesterday and the blood almost looked stringy/mucousy. I brushed it off. Idk. Not getting my hopes up- just wondering what's going on.

Yeah, the BC just hides the symptoms while you're on 'em but they don't actually fix the underlying issues so when you go off of them the issues come flooding back. TTC is very frustrating but I'm sure you'll have some answers soon one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->