What sets off your morning sickness?

MellyH

Pregnant (Twins!)
Reaction score
I basically 100% trust my birth control, since I've been using it for 12 years and there's no real chance for mistakes (it's the implant), but over the last month I've had three different mornings where I woke up and as soon as I smelled something (coffee, usually) I've gotten an intense, eye-watering wave of nausea. Usually after stifling the urge to vomit for a minute or two it passes and once I eat I'm fine. So I figured it was just low blood sugar or something. Then 3-4 days ago I got all the normal symptoms of getting my period (breakout, chocolate cravings, feeling delicate) without any actual period. It's hard to say when my period is 'due', per se, because I'm pretty irregular, but I have been expecting it any time for the last week and am mildly surprised that it's not here yet.

Anyway. The preamble is all to set up the question: what sets off your morning sickness? Is it something that's just there, or is it triggered by a smell/action/etc? I am trying to work out if my nausea is anything like morning sickness. (And if so, it's really unpleasant, and I feel sorry for all of you experiencing it!).

This isn't really answering your question but I have a friend whose implant fell out (unbeknownst to her) and she fell pregnant while she thought she was still on BC. I've never had one so I don't have any personal experience, but could you check to make sure it's there?

Sounds similar to my MS--but different smells set different people off. Coffee does seem to be a common one.

If you've missed your period, I think the best thing to do would be to take a test!

Perfume, strong cooking smells (onions ect) & car journeys x

If I don't eat straight away usually makes mine worse. Smells defo make me nauseous. Usually when I get up and can smell last nights dinner or go near kitchen bin haha x

I can still feel the implant, so I know it's there. I'm coming up on the end of the three year span for this one (ends in February) - I remember last time being worried that its efficacy would drop off towards the end but when I did some reading it seemed like they predicted it would stay effective for up to a year after the three year span.

Well, it does sound like morning sickness can be triggered by smells, I wasn't sure if that was the case. I have to have a pregnancy test in three weeks or so before I'm scheduled for a colposcopy so I'd know then at least! But if my period doesn't show up in another week or so I might test before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->