• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What shall I take to the hospital?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm hoping to have a waterbirth at my local hospital and a short as possible stay but so far I've wimped out and put disposables in my hospital bag :( now I really would like to try to cloth from the start. I have a decent stash but don't know what to pack because we don't know how big this baby will be. Most of my growth scans put it at 50th centile and my daughter was 4th and the last scan I had put it at nearly 90th!! I don't know what to believe really. So I'll tell you what I've got and you can tell me what to pack!!

Bumgenius XS (newborn) x 7
Teenyfits x 15
Little boosters??
Little lambs size 1 2 parters x 10 + 7 wraps
Little lambs size 1 pockets x 8 with foldable bamboo boosters
Loads of normal boosters
Bumgenius free times x 15
Little lambs one size fits all x 15
Wet bags
Disposable liners
Cloth wipes

Naty size one disposables.

So what shall I pack?!?

Thanks all xxx

When I was at the birth centre here, they put DD in a disposable right after she was born, (the only one she's ever worn!), even though I'd brought cloth, so I wouldn't worry too much since the hospital will probably be able to back you up if you bring the wrong size to start.

As for what to bring, I'd say a few of a size that fits a range, or a selection of a couple of different sizes. I wouldn't worry about boosters yet, and I never bothered with liners (you can throw the nappies straight in the wash even with poo until you start weaning). You'll need a wet bag, and washable wipes are good to bring. At the start I probably used two or three wipes per change. Don't know what the average is.

I looked up the statistics on number of nappies used a day by newborns when I was packing my hospital bag. I think it was between 7 and 15 in a 24 hour period, but you might want to check that. I'd recommend packing two nappy bags, one for what you think you will need during your ideal hospital stay, and another to store in the car or at home for if you need to stay longer or your estimates were off.

Don't know if you own any muslins, but that's what we used on DD to start. They were great because they're one size fits all newborns, and they're great for cleaning up a mess as well!

Hope that helps. x

By the way, you may want to post again in one of the birthing sections of the forum. They might be able to help more:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/home-natural-birthing/
Or
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/labour-birth/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back