What should I have for tea tonight??

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Really don't know what I fancy? Think I want something thats going to make me all warm inside (cosy winter food) but I just don't know??

What are you having?

I am having a sunday roast(altho' not sunday), that's what I fancy. Plus of this that will make me feel cosy inside(that and staying next to the fire in my rocking chair) :happydance:

I'm going to make a stew in the slow cooker and have it later in evening :D

I'm going to make a stew in the slow cooker and have it later in evening :D

Mmmm, that is a cosy tea!! I've never made stew (apart from a jar one:blush:) Just looking on what to put in one......what do you use? I'm also confused as to how the juice/stock is made? :blush:

Mmm, my friends mum used to make us 'scouse' that was gorgeous!! Yummy!

for my stew i put the beef in a big pot and brown it off then add 2 stock cubes and some water (i dont measure) then i add all the veg (potatoes, carrots, swede, whatever and leave to cook then 5 min before the end i add smaller veg like peas, green beans as they dont take too long to cook!

Pretty much as terrie has said but i have a bag of ready to go veg (leeks, carrots, swede, onions) then I add potatoes! In last hour I add some cornflour & of course the salt & pepper as desired :D Oh I add beef stock & an oxo lol

Well - I'll give it a go......can't go that wrong really?? Even if it does OH wouldn't notice!!

*Thinks....Shouldn't OH be cooking me dinner tonight?? I should be relaxing?*

yes tell him to bloody do it!

actually he'd only be back and forth out the kitchen asking for advice anyway!

We had Jamie Olivers sweet tomato and sausage bake last night, and I have loads of lovely mushy tomatoes and herbs left. So tonight is chicken breast with the tomato mush as a pasta sauce with some fresh bread. Yum!

Lil_Baby_Boo - yep! Either get him in the kitchen, or phone a take-away! I think you deserve to rest today!:hugs:

Too right grab that phone or OH whichever one is closer :)

WE are having pork chops, mash, brocolli, cauliflower, yourshire puds with sage and onion gravy made from the juice of the chops
Yummy can't wait so better get my butt in gear!!

Well I got all the veg & meat etc, decided to get it in the oven before OH gets in and then we could have tea about 7!

Everything was going to plan....chopped all the veg, browned the meat, went to put it all in my casserole dish only to realise it wouldn't fit!! I'd obviosly done too much :dohh: wouldn't fit it my biggest pan either so I've had to use my lasagne dish and cover in foil!

Should have thought about the dish! Anyhow, hopefully it will still be ok! I'll have to freeze whats left as there's enough to feed an army!

Well at least you'll have something for when you bring baby home! xx

i had spagetti bolognase and it slid off my plate onto the floor. so the dog had a nice dinner

Well the stew went down a treat.....had it in the oven for an hour then as everything had shrunk it all went in the pan on low for another hour!!

Was so so yummy....just what I needed to make me feel nice inside! Had it with some tiger bread as was too lazy to do dumplings and it was just perfect....OH was well impressed and had to ask me a few times if I'd made it myself...cheeky bugger!

Yummy Yummy, in my tummy!

Terrie - I've just noticed your ticker, congratulations hun! :hugs:

All you ladies are making me hungry for stews and such. I made Chicken Alfredo for hubby and I, but he had to leave for work, and just nuked a pizza in the microwave. I saved some alfredo for him though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->