What should I see on an ultrasound?

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
Does anyone know what your levels have to be to see certain things on an ultrasound?

My levels were 18,238 on Monday at 5w1d. I should be having an ultrasound soon, but if I were to have one today, 5w3d, would I see a heartbeat?

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 1 day and all that could be seen was a gestational sac. And my numbers were only 2,300. Your numbers are fabulous! But don't be surprised if there's not much to see.

It really depends on the pregnancy.

Some people might see a lot by then, some just a sac. Mine were over 18,000 at 6+1. I measured 3 days behind and all that could be seen was a sac.

I don't think you can count on hcg numbers as far as what you're guaranteed to see. I think there are minimums in which you need to see certain things, but I don't think that it holds true that if you don't see what you can see with the minimums means something bad.

There are people who have seen more with less and have seen less with more. At 5+3 most likely a sac with maybe a yolk sac. Though you may be able to see more or less depending on if you implanted quickly or a little later and if baby starts out slow or fast. It could also depend on the ultrasound equipment, position of your uterus, etc.

I think your levels have to be a certain amount b/4 they can see certain things, but if you are a lot higher I don't think that means you'll see more. At 4w6d mine were 18,762, and OB told me to wait a week and we'd do an ultrasound as I probably wouldn't see anything at that point. At 5w6d I was measuring 6w2d and saw a heartbeat. I read that the heart starts beating sometime towards the end of the 5th week, and even then, you'll see some women post that they didn't see a hb at 6 weeks, so I guess it all varies. GL

I don't think you'd see a heart beat yet. I had a scan with my dd during the 5th week and no heart beat but I had a scan a week later (so during the 6th week) and you could see the heart beat.

At 5w1d I seen a gestational sac. At 5w3d I seen the fetal pole and at 6w2d I seen the heart beat xx

Hospital called and I'm booked for an ultrasound on Friday at 5w5d. This was the same gestation I saw my last baby's heartbeat at but they wouldn't measure it. Guess we'll see!!

Levels should be over 70,000 by then

I had a scan on 5+6. We saw a gestational sac, yolk sac, and a fetal pole, but we didn't see a heartbeat. My ob/gyn said I measured 4 days behind, though the next day (I was 6 weeks pregnant then) my hcg levels were 32369. So high hcg level doesn't mean you'll see heartbeat for sure. my ob/gyn said heartbeat is usually seen at 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->