what should the heartbeat be at 5 weeks and 4 days?

maka888

Reaction score
finally spoke to dr regarding my san... she wants to do another one at the end of this week and said the bubs heartbeat was a bit on the low side at 93 BPM

I think that is quite early to even get a heartbeat on an early scan, but I remember reading somewhere on the net that to start with the heartrate is slower between 90-something else and as the baby gets bigger/older it speeds up. So far I have had 3 scans (5w5d, 7w2d and 8w6d) and two of those with a heartbeat, but not once did they measure the bpm, I think the fact that there was a hearbeat was the only thing they were looking for this early.

Yeah I remember hearing that the heart only starts beating around 6 weeks and at first is very slow.

I have had two scans and am the same, they have checked for a hb, but not the rate.

:hug:

I acutally just looked that up today, so i'll share....it is surprising though that you got such an early hb, maybe you are further along than anticipated, or you've got one strong bean?!

A visible heartbeat could be seen and detectable by pulsed doppler ultrasound by about 6 weeks and is usually clearly depictable by 7 weeks. If this is observed, the probability of a continued pregnancy is better than 95 percent. Missed abortions and blighted ovum will usually give typical pictures of a deformed gestational sac and absence of fetal poles or heart beat.

Fetal heart rate tends to vary with gestational age in the very early parts of pregnancy. Normal heart rate at 6 weeks is around 90-110 beats per minute (bpm) and at 9 weeks is 140-170 bpm. At 5-8 weeks a bradycardia (less than 90 bpm) is associated with a high risk of miscarriage.

Many women do not ovulate at around day 14, so findings after a single scan should always be interpreted with caution.

Otter's HB was 75 at 6 weeks. The doc said it probably started beating within the previous 24 hours. So, I would say your bean's was early and strong for where you were!!

tiger... did you go for a follow up a week alter to make sure it was faster???

Nope. Doc said it was good and normal then. The next scan I had was 10 weeks because I was having a bout of spotting that lasted 5 days and was sometimes red. Everything was fine then, too. HB was up over 150.

My doc said it would double from 75 "by the next scan" which at that point was scheduled for 11 weeks. The only reason I was/am having frequent scans is because my doc likes to do them at every appt, not because anything is wrong. Otter has always been fine and hopefully will continue to be!

ive had a scan at 5w 2d and they havnt even talked about hartbeat!!! he said we would only see a yolksac (which we did ) and the hart should start beating somewhere in the next 2 weeks.. i will have another scan at 8 weeks and then hopefully will there be a hartbeat :D

Our scan was at 6+6 and they didn't measure bpm although i could see the HB flashing away nicely. From what others are saying it sounds like your LO's is well within the normal range for it's gestational age...so fingers crossed everything will be looking super on your next scan :hugs:

when i had a scan at 6w 5 d we saw the hb, but they didnt measure the bpm either.

i didnt get to see hb at 6 w 2 days, but i did at 8+4n and it was 164bpm

Hi....I guess you already got your answer,,,but I just wanted to add that I was posting the same thing, worried to DEATH!!! i had an U/S at 5w6d which dated me 6 weeks and the HB was only 106, and they had me come in 13 days later to reassess it and it was 173! I know the worry is excrutiating!!! Glad your LOs HR was up in the 150s!! Sounds good to me!

i saw may baby heart beat at7w3d ... but they did not tell me the BPM ... is they was anthing to worry about im sure they would say

pleas answer my question please !!
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/119228-im-sooo-worried-please-help-x.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->