what should your temp do after poss ov?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by louisaL, Oct 1, 2008.

1. louisaL

louisaL Trying for number 1

yesterday it was 34.24 and todays its shot up to 34.84 we thought i had ovulated yesterday with my temp being so low yesterday but with it being so high today is that still the case?

please see my chart below

2. dan-o

dan-o RMC's but mum to 3 now!

I can't really help you as I'm not experinced in charting, but mine did shoot up after dipping & has stayed almost half a degree higher since ovulation. I ovulated late in a very long cycle though.

How did your OPK's go, get any darker? :) xx

3. shalagirl

shalagirl Well-Known Member

I'm pretty new to temps but I think u have to get 3 raised temps in a row after a dip to show ovulation. So if ur temps is higher than 34.24 Thur and Fri as well that may should u ovulated. FF doesn't make in the ovulation (if it occurs) until a few days later.

Best wishes.

4. Ju_bubbs

Ju_bubbs Proud single Mummy of 5!

Your temp should go up after ov then stay up, so if its still high over the next few days, its possible you could have O'd!

Just had a peek at your chart too, dan-o.. i dont want to get you unnecasarily excited, but looks like you may have a nice 'implantation dip' on your chart! Good luck to both of you xxx

5. louisaL

that was the weird thing the opks havent got any darker but the temps have dripped dramatically and raised again so i am wondering whats going on lol

6. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

I've had a bit of weird experience with my temperature this morning as well. Yesterday I did it 20 minutes after I got up and it was 35.4 and this morning, I did it while lying in bed and it was 36.8. I put this down to the fact that I was still in bed under the covers this morning when I took my temp. I meant to take it at that time yesterday but I couldn't find the thermometer!! I know my increase in temp isn't down to ov'ing as AF is here.

7. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Matilda Tasya's mum :)

Your after 3 temp rises to confrim ovulation. XXX

8. louisaL

i'm not quite sure if i've had that yet?

9. DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke Matilda Tasya's mum :)

Just looked at ur chart, not yet but see what happens in the next few days and keep BD. XXX