What size and brand for hospital bag?

mummie2be

Reaction score
So I'm slowly starting to buy things for my hospital bag and I'm wondering if anyone in canada/USA has any suggestions as to what brand and size pads to buy for after having LO? I know the hospital will provide me with some but what about for when I get home..

I don't have any specific brand recommendations but I'd say just keep a variety. Everyone is different, of course. Personally, the first few days required very frequent changes of big, thick overnight pads with wings. Then 2-3 weeks of regular menstrual pads and then just thin panty liners for a few more weeks. I bled for about 8 weeks after but most women don't seem to go that long. Anything I had left over got used over time for my normal periods anyways.

I always get night time pads with wings then the invinety pads as well they are nice a thing and I bleed forever and always end up all chapped and stuff from it :(

I cant remember the exact naming of the product, but in the beginning I used Always heavy overnight with wings ones. ( they are in a purple package 20 count) the first few days when you are home it's rather heavy, then you can switch to using a regular pad.... Maybe whatever kind you usually use for the next few weeks.

Thanks! My issue is..and I know it sounds silly..but I'm clueless when it comes to pads. I've never used them so I have no idea what to go for lol..

Yeah, to be honest, I was surprised at how much you bleed. It was very heavy ( for me ) for the first 4-6 days. Then it continued for a few weeks... Gradually lightening up. I took a few of my extra pads from the hospital with me home thnking that would cover it, but was surprised it stayed so heavy for the first few days at home.. ( I really had no idea what to expect) so my regular pads were not enough for the beginning. Again, I used the Always brand ones, overnights with wings. I'm in the states, but I'm sure they have them in the stores by you. I just remember that they are the ones in the purple packaging.. My fav color. Good luck shopping for these exciting things. Oh, on a side note, depending on how your delivery goes ( I had to push for a little over 3 hrs) due to this.. um.. trauma...going number 2 does not go very smoothly for awhile. Again, very surprised at how long it hurt for. I would recommend having stool softeners at home for the first few weeks. My husband had to go out and buy them, now I am already stocked up on them for this scond time. Just something else I didn't expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->