What Size Baby Clothes? How Big Was Your NB?

Newborn. 7lbs 5oz and 52cm long (Thomas), 7lbs 15.5oz and 49cm long (Sophie) both wore newborn for weeks. 0-3 would have aboslutely swamped them both.

I'm in the same boat as you- not sure. I've got twins and expected them to be small- so I'm going to pack both preemie and newborn sizes (just noticed my beautiful going home outfits are 0-3 oops!) but at my growth scan both are measuring big so may not need preemie lol. Stalking for advice!
I didn't think we would really need them as mine were measuring 6 and 7lbs a few days before delivery but both of them drowned in the newborn so my mom got them some new preemie ones before we left the hospital. You can't go by weights really. They wore some of the preemie stuff up to 9lbs.

Plus they always lose weight, too, at the beginnin--they are also a bit plump upon arrival and the water weight/swollen look goes down fast

I brought NB and 0-3 sizes with me to the hospital with my son, but he was much smaller than anticipated and fit preemie sized clothes best.
This time I will probably bring two of each size just to be totally sure since I'm delivering much further from home than I expected

I went back and looked at photos of DD as a newborn because I was curious-- she was 7lb 4 oz and wore newborn for about 3 weeks. I just wouldn't buy too many newborn things because they don't wear it that long!

DD was 5lb 17oz at 37 weeks delivery. I recall even newborn things being (adorably) loose on her. BUT I will be bringing a newborn item and a 0-3 just in case. I'm not packing that many clothing items, as last time the hospital (US) clothed baby until it was time to go home. I assume they'll do that this time too, so I'm just worrying about the going home outfit.

My friend just had a baby and they sent me a photo of him in an outfit I gave them -- it was a 0-3 months so I was surprised they even had it with them at the hospital. Fit the baby perfectly. He was 8lbs 9oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->