What snacks did you have for New Years Eve?

M

massacubano

Do tell me what goodies you had to eat for New Years Eve? Fess up tell me how high you had your plate! and what was on it! :munch:

myself... I snacked on almost everything even if it was one!

~ tater skins with bacon and cheese
~ nachos and salsa and cheese
~ tgi fridays signature chip dip
~ chex mix
~ fried cheese sticks
~ pretzel sticks

(the kids ate ice cream too, but it did not do anything for me)

Hubby cooked an aitch-bone. It took nine hours to cook and then we had a lovely roast at 8pm. Roast potatoes and parsnips in honey, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m.

I had pizza haha. And salt & vinegar chips :dohh:

My resolution for 2009 is sort of a 2-part thing, first cut out junk food until baby arrives, and after she's born focus on losing weight :) So I had to go out with a bang, LOL. I still have 11/12 weeks of pregnancy that I won't be having junk ~ McDonalds, chips, chocolate, ice cream, candy, pop, and certain types of pizza.. LOL I couldn't go cold turkey on pizza.

Hubby cooked an aitch-bone. It took nine hours to cook and then we had a lovely roast at 8pm. Roast potatoes and parsnips in honey, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m.

aitch-bone? I have to google that one! I was really confused on potato jackets! we call them baked potato. I was too lazy to cook a decent meal. We had made a huge pot of Cuban chicken soup on the 30th so we had lots of left overs to eat.

edit***

aitch-bone is rump roast in US :)

https://www.yourdictionary.com/aitchbone

I had cheese fondue

I have been eating more cheese. I hate hate hate milk! I mean it is hard for me to even drink a glass. So I bought cream cheese, and sorts of cheeses. Bet the fondue was good! ;)

I had pizza haha. And salt & vinegar chips :dohh:

My resolution for 2009 is sort of a 2-part thing, first cut out junk food until baby arrives, and after she's born focus on losing weight :) So I had to go out with a bang, LOL. I still have 11/12 weeks of pregnancy that I won't be having junk ~ McDonalds, chips, chocolate, ice cream, candy, pop, and certain types of pizza.. LOL I couldn't go cold turkey on pizza.

ah salt and vinegar chips are the best! Do you have "cape cod" brand up there? They are super good, sea salts! .... ugh don't get me craving em! OH will need to make a run to the store :rofl:

Don't worry too much about the weight sweetie. Trust me I saw your photos and you look great. Actually thinner than I was this time last year when I started my diet... which worked well enough to get me knocked up! :dohh:

We will still be eating rump for the next week at least. :cry:

Appetizers:
-French bread with brie
-Spinach salad with mandarin and orange and a poppyseed dressing
-Chicken & Prosciutto canneloni with Creamy Proscuitto with Vodka Pasta Sauce (don't be impressed; both from a package/jar)

Main Course:
-Steak & Onions
-Roasted garlic potatoes in olive oil
-Roasted red pepper and roasted elephant garlic cloves
-Mashed sweet potato (yam) with honey, nutmeg and cranberries
-Corn on the cob

Dessert:
-Chocolate truffle layer cake (also store bought- I am not as good with dessert presentation as my local grocery store) :rofl:

All in all just about my speed given the fact I was fighting off a cold, OH was working on the computer and there were constant calls / video conferences from his home country (very welcome as New Years is a big deal there and it can be hard on him to be away)

We went out for a lovely dinner. I had calamari and then a steak dinner. :)

i had shrimp, meatballs, pizza bites, mozza sticks, cheese ball, sausage rolls, candy...... hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->