What song makes you think of OH?

mandaa1220

Reaction score
For me... there are so many. It's funny that being together three years makes it so that every song that came out in the past three years reminds me of him... but there's some that are just "ours."

1. Last Thing on my Mind - Ronan Keating and LeAnn Rimes
When we first started dating and I put him in my profile for my instant messenger.. I was in love with that song and I had the quote..
"Four O'Clock in the morning and my minds filled with a thousand thoughts of you." in it for him... he always loved it and never wanted me to take it out.

2. Suga Suga - Baby Bash
Was my ringtone for him for the longest time... every time he called, my phone would sing, "suga suga how'd you get so fly?" :rofl:

3. Walk Away - Paula Deanda
Was popular when we started datinng and was always on when he would pick me up... he declared it as our song. I squashed that when we broke up for a week and it made me cry, because the lyrics were actually sad. If you ask him, it's our song.. but its not anymore!

What about you girlies? :flower: I could go on forever... but I'll shut up!
By the way, I'm completely procrastinating from my hw right now.. incase you can't tell :rofl:

1. My own summer - Deftones
Was the song that was playing in the background when we erm....you know, for the first time.

2. Tommy the cat - Primus
This song was playing on our first date, it happens to be a favourite song of ours.

These are the two songs that hold the most importance for us ^^

1.mad-Neyo: this just sums us up :blush:

2.Lollipop?-Dell advert: OH is always singing it and he always mixes a certain line up so I love it :)

3.L.O.V.E-Nat King Cole- it was on in the restaurant on our first date

Take that rule the world (we watched stardust together and both loved it, and listened to the words at the end of the song thought it would be perfect for our first dance at our wedding - he didn't know it was TT at the time - ha!)

Queen - you're my best friend (this was very nearly our first dance song, but ended up being the last song instead)

Madonna - hung up (it was on the car radio after our first date and it stuck in my memory)

Also - tribute song by tenacious d, cos he loves it :)

Deep purple 'child in time'
lol he goes mental to that song

Lonestar "amazed"

It was our first dance at our wedding, i love it so so so so much x x

"Zzyxz Road" by Stone Sour - we always belt it out randomly...

There's so many... that one springs to mind though!

i dont know the name of the song but it goes:

'so many times im watching you,and now iv fell in love with you, so many timesssss,so many timesssss'

But not the normal version - its the bassline version. It was out at the time that we met and he used to sing it to me :) whenever i hear it it makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside, like falling in love all over again xx

So This is Christmas--Ok, I know it's kind of silly, but it is the holiday season and I keep hearing it. The only reason it makes me think of DH is that our first Christmas together DH (then BF) went on a work trip and then went to England to visit his relatives. It was the longest 23 days of my life and it was the longest we'd been apart (in our 8 months of dating). Before he left he had mentioned that it was his favorite holiday song, and it's sung by John Lennon and DH is from Liverpool so that was another thing. But everytime I heard it during those long 23 days I would think of DH and cry because I missed him. Pathetic, I know :nope: (he made up for it by proposing to me when I went up to visit him after Christmas! :winkwink:)

The Nearness of You--by Nora Jones. DH plays this on the piano all the time because he says it reminds him of me :blush: . It was also the song we used for our first dance at our wedding.

1. Usher - Burn - when i was dating my OH we use to go out in are then mates car and he always use to beg for this song to be on and sing it out loud in his terrible singin voice. Even the lyrics are about breaking up, it still makes me laugh and smile because all i can think about is him singing his little heart out, bless :) :winkwink:

2. Strong Coffee - Everytime he comes to mine he asks for a coffee and i dont drink it and hardly does my family so coffee really reminds me of him, plus he makes it way to sugary and strong, eww! :wacko:

xx

Erm, i've only just read this again and it says 'songs' im so dimb sometimes, haha x

Connorsvine-Hero it is just perfect for us.

3 doors down-your arms feel like home

Brad Paisley-i thought i loved you then

Sarah Evans-feels just like a love song

i just cant even describe how perfect these songs are for us :cloud9:

Hero by Enrique Iglesias....over 6 six years ago at my cousins wedding this song came on. It was our first time dancing together, and he also told me he loved me for the first time dancing to this song. So it kind of means alot to me when I hear it. If I hear it in a store or on the radio a smile comes on my face and I get a warm feeling. He is my Hero....I know cheesy! So now every wedding we go to and they play that song we make a point to dance to it.

The other song is...Is this love by Bob Marley. This is our first dance song from our wedding. We got married in Jamaica so Bob Marley has a lot of significance. I love this song!

Birds by Kate Nash- It is the cutest song ever if you listen to the lyrics and reminds me of us.

Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton- I always listened to this like two years ago and it reminds me of being young and happy, but I forgot about it. OH had it on his phone for some reason and sent it to me... this is when we were still friends. That night he told me he really liked me and it made me so happy I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up til 4 in the morning listening to this on repeat, now I always think of it as 'our' song :cloud9:

Stronger by Kanye West- He taught me the words to the rap:haha:

Never Leave You by Tinchy Stryder and Amelle- He always used to sing it to me, in his adorabley bad singing voice :cloud9:

One Day Like This by Elbow- Hasn't really got anything to do with OH, but it's such an uplifting song it gives me the same happy butterflies I get when I'm with him...

You And Me by Lifehouse- I was listening to it when he asked me out :D

You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol- Do NOT listen to this song when you are having relationship troubles... I always end up listening to it when we argue, then crying hysterically. So sad, but so beautiful. (I know it sounds bad me associating him with a depressing song but it's more about loving someone and not forgetting about them, and it describes exactly how I'd feel if you broke up)

Oh No You Didn't by Some TV Advert- Anyone remember that advert for the war game with the really catchy song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0TAxLjkdFU yeah don't ask :blush:

Sorry there is so many :blush:

Everlong by the Foo Fighters. He used to always play it for me on his guitar when we were younger.

Dela from George of the Jungle (because I make him watch it ALL the time XD),

Alphabeat - Fascination (because we always sing it really loudly in the car),

Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You and Barry Louis Polisar - All I Want Is You (we saw Juno on our first date),

Anything by Noah and the Whale

Queen - You're My Best Friend

And that annoying apple bottom jeans song by Flo-Rida XD He does this really embarassing dance to it lol.

Langhorne Slim - In The Midnight :D :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oSBH0wxJOo

Oh I love Everlong!

For me it's anything by Sublime and also some Save Ferris stuff.

Our song which is Phil Collins - A groovy kind of love.

Anything indian sounding because of his silly indian dance :rofl: Kills me everytime..

ours is all i want for christmas lol its becuase when we met in november he text me the verse to this song and said i love u at the end of it and it was the first time he said he loves me :)
there are loads more but thats the only one that actually means alot to us :)

Let Go - Frou Frou He played this for me in his car a long time ago. I was fascinated by it.. and he loved it. It's kind of unoffically our song.

anything by Lil Wayne... RAP. Haha.

There's a song in the Swan Princess Disney movie... that Derek and Odette sing together. Suddenly I can't remember the name. But it's beautiful and we love that movie.

Foo fighters - Another round (our first dance as a married couple. Might sound like an odd choice but we both love it and it holds personal significance)
greenday - time of your life (last dance on our weddind day)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->