What supplements do you take and why? Confused!

MrsRM

Reaction score
Hey there!
Just wanted to know out of interest what supplements people were taking and what for. There is so much info out there that i am continually confused as to what i should be taking...when...and what for?
I will start with what im taking:-
Pregnacare Conception
Agnus Castus (up to ov)
Fertile XX (up to ov)
EPO (up tp ov)
Flaxseed Oil (after ov)

I have quite long cycles (approx 38 days) and also slighly low progesterone. And i am considering Ginkgo Biloaba for circulation. Grr there is so much out there and i just hope that im taking the right things! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Much luv and baby dust xxx

Hi :wave:

This cycle I am taking
Pregnacare Conception
Soy Isoflavones - 120mg (CD2 to 6)
Vitamin B complex 100mg
Progesterone Cream (after ov)

I also seem to have fairly long cycles and low progesterone which is why I am trying the B100. Took B50 last cycle and it didn't seem to make any difference.

I have thought about flaxseed oil after ov...what is that good for?

Good luck with your journey. x

hiya,
ive been taking a mulitvitamin and cod liver oil for general health plus licorice root powder capsules 3x/day for CD 5-9 and yucca root capsules CD 1-14 which apparently are supposed to help stimulate ovulation and make healthier eggs. this is the first month that I have tried so I cant tell you how well it is actually working, but I have done my research and heard success stories. (ive even heard of women having twins from these supplements due to the Ov stimulation!!)
others that I have heard of:
Royal jelly
Vitamin B
Angus Castus

be careful with any supplement though, dont forget they are medication and some people tend to over do it just because they are "natural"
good luck and lots of baby dust!

Flaxseed can help balance female hormones a lot like soy but it has to be in seed form... google it its pretty interesting. Vitamin B complex is pretty good... if I don't get my BFP on the 31st I'm going to take my prenatals and B50 complex...

Thanks for this girls, this is very interesting! Although as said, it is very easy to get carried away as you want to have the benefits of everything. I have just been reading up on Dong Quai, does anyone know anything about this. I have also heard that you must take these herbal supplements for up to 3 months in order to see an effect.

Dong Quai is suppose to help stimulate the uterus and increase the blood flow to it, but should be stopped as soon as you ovulate because it can hinder implantation. It takes your egg three months to mature thats why they say things you do will affect three months down the track. Now for the list of stuff I take...

Royal Jelly-to help preserve my egg quality.
Bee Pollen -same as above, also suppose to increases use by date of the egg once you've ovulated, talking hours not days here.
Wheatgrass-Helps to lower FSH but its artifically, but helps any of the good eggs I have left to mature properly, also a good blood cleanser.
Raspberry Leaf - Support the uterus, helps with blood flow.
All in one Pre-Natal

You can't improved the quality or quantity of your eggs technically, what you have is what you are stuck with, there is no reversing anything, but you can help make sure what you have matures properly, thats what Im aiming for at this point of time.

Good luck getting your bfps ladies!!:hugs:

Im taking:

Prenatal Vitamins {walmart brand}
folic acid
soy isoflavones 100mg cd 3-7
fish oil
B-50....after taking soy

:dust:

Hi hun, I just wanted to say be careful with the agnus castus I took that it totally messed up my cycles! I used to have 28 days but now have 34-37 and thats the only thing I can put it down to.

I take pregnacare and folic acid and raspberry leaf tea upto ov.

Hope you get your BFP soon hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks all...thanks for the word of warming on the Agnus Castus....i have been taking it for a while now and so far it has not shortened my cycles on bit! They are still as irregular as ever!!! Not sure weather to stick with it or ditch it!!! Anyone else fealing with long or irregular cycles and have any advice on getting them down?

Im afarid i don't have much faith in the docs at the mo so anything that i (we) can do to get our BFP's im up for! x

Hi everyone!!!! I plan to take soy isoflavones on cycle days 3-7 and I am just wondering what should I take after ovulation?

Thanks all...thanks for the word of warming on the Agnus Castus....i have been taking it for a while now and so far it has not shortened my cycles on bit! They are still as irregular as ever!!! Not sure weather to stick with it or ditch it!!! Anyone else fealing with long or irregular cycles and have any advice on getting them down?

Im afarid i don't have much faith in the docs at the mo so anything that i (we) can do to get our BFP's im up for! x

I'm pretty similar with my cycles normally, sometimes they're 40 days, sometimes 32 etc etc. I do have a success story from using a.c, it seems to have regulated when i ov, so my cycles have been roughly the same the past two months since i've been taking it. I take EPO up to ov day too for ewcm. ANd also sanatogen 'mum to be' tablets daily, which contain multi vits and folic acid.
Good luck finding a combination that suits you
xxx

hi everyone

just folic acid for me- next month i may try raspberry leaf tea if no BFP this month

baby dust to all

Only thing I'm taking is Folic Acid... is it necessary to take all of these different things?! :S

XxX

Before I got my BFP I took 120mg of Soy Iso 3-7 and B complex 50 for about 2 weeks (stop taking it cause I got lazy) Anyways I didn't OPK and chart and got my BFP on Feb 5th!! I can't say for sure it was the supplements but it was definately a shocker!

All I took before and have continued to do now is take pregnacare. It has everything you'd need in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->