What supplements?

MrsN

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering what supplements/vitamins you guys are taking. I didnt get on very well with pregnacare so I had been taking, B6, B complex, Folic Acid, EPO, a multivitamin and vitamin C!! Bit of a cocktail I know! Which I then stopped when I found out I was pregnant, and just took folic acid.
I had VERY irregular cycles before my MC so was willing to try pretty much anything to regulate them, which it seemed to do about 2 months before I got my BFP.
I'm now worried that since having a MC my cycles will go back to being very irregular and a struggle for me to get pregnant again. I'm considering stopping all the vitamins apart from folic acid to see if that makes a difference and just wondered what everyone else was taking.

Did I send you that link? Vertix, maca and royal jelly are all hormone regulaters. Maca Is a good product. But if your irregular like me its probably hormone related. Look them up and see which one sounds best for you. I'm trying all three LOL

both me and oh take , maca , baby asprin , folic acid x

i use pre-seed and insteadcups x

Hi Honey08, don't wish to alarm you (I too took baby aspirin for a while but not since m/c) but see inkdchick's post re: aspirin on the TTC over 35 forum

Did I send you that link? Vertix, maca and royal jelly are all hormone regulaters. Maca Is a good product. But if your irregular like me its probably hormone related. Look them up and see which one sounds best for you. I'm trying all three LOL

No didnt see the link hun, I was reading up about vitex today, I suppose it cant do any harm to try it and see. Would you stop if after you get a BFP of continue through pregnancy? Hope they work for you xx

ONE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!! pregnacare!!!!!!!!!!! £5.25 everything you need right there.

ONE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!! pregnacare!!!!!!!!!!! £5.25 everything you need right there.

I tried that hun, gave it 2 months, but made me feel very sick and gave me headaches every day, god knows why, but couldnt get on with it. :flower:

Not be sound rude or anything but I read the post of Aspirin and I would trust your doctor with what he thinks you should take. My husband's cousin had over 30 miscarriages until they discovered what was happening was she was forming clots at the umbilical cord so they put her on Aspirin and boom she got her healthy baby.

i think aspirin works but there is a baby aspirin and normal aspirin. plus im nit sure if you should take aspirin when ttc ... i thought it hindered implantation. that it should only be taken after your bfp. my feelings on aspirin is that it does work but i wouldnt take it with out the nod from my GP, for me having only had 1 MC im not sure i would take it, but im sure loads of people wouldnt take what i take lol!

i love this website;
https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

ive not bought anything from it but i find it quite informative.

it says you could take vitex when pregnant, but im taking maca too and that i would take when pregnant but probably stop the rest.

this is what we take
Me:
Maca - Whole cycle except menstruation
Vitex - whole cycle except menstruation
Royal jelly - whole cycle

Evening primrose oil - menstruation to ovulation - the switch to Flaxseed oil
Conception plus
Folic acid
iron
raspberry tea leaf - during period (helps with heavy bleeding and tones uterus)

Kevin:
Flaxseed oil
Maca
Ginsung
Tribulus
Conception plus

Ive has so many problems with bleeding and hormonal problems that i want to really try everything to balence my system. i am on day 6 of bleeding, i have been spotting for two days and it could be as my body is very over loaded as i only started taking then on my first day of my cycle. so its probably much better to just take one and add it it if you want to try a combination.

On that site lots of people use maca and virtex together have there are lots of suceess stories. i love maca, i sounds brilliant, fingers crossed ladies.

No offence taken Coltsmommy. You are quite right, this clotting issue is the medical reason for taking aspirin while ttc. It must be wonderful for your cousin's husband that she has finally got a healthy baby after such a great deal of pain and loss. I have only suffered 3 miscarriages (with a beautiful boy in amongst them :) ) and my pain feels too great to bear so I can't imagine how one can keep bouncing back after 30. My point was this: that I believe some people - myself included in the past - have read about this 'fix' and thought there may be no harm in adding aspirin to their regime. It worried me slightly while I was taking it, but had at the back of my mind, yes, but what if I'm someone who has this clotting issue and something as simple as a low dose aspirin would prevent further miscarriage. I have now decided to go the natural/herbal route and am praying for a healthy sibling for my son

Me and my OH take Pregnacare his and her conception tablets at the moment, then when we get our BFP again i will just take the Pregnacare original, Sorry i'm no help :hugs:

i think aspirin works but there is a baby aspirin and normal aspirin. plus im nit sure if you should take aspirin when ttc ... i thought it hindered implantation. that it should only be taken after your bfp. my feelings on aspirin is that it does work but i wouldnt take it with out the nod from my GP, for me having only had 1 MC im not sure i would take it, but im sure loads of people wouldnt take what i take lol!

i love this website;
https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

ive not bought anything from it but i find it quite informative.

it says you could take vitex when pregnant, but im taking maca too and that i would take when pregnant but probably stop the rest.

this is what we take
Me:
Maca - Whole cycle except menstruation
Vitex - whole cycle except menstruation
Royal jelly - whole cycle

Evening primrose oil - menstruation to ovulation - the switch to Flaxseed oil
Conception plus
Folic acid
iron
raspberry tea leaf - during period (helps with heavy bleeding and tones uterus)

Kevin:
Flaxseed oil
Maca
Ginsung
Tribulus
Conception plus

Ive has so many problems with bleeding and hormonal problems that i want to really try everything to balence my system. i am on day 6 of bleeding, i have been spotting for two days and it could be as my body is very over loaded as i only started taking then on my first day of my cycle. so its probably much better to just take one and add it it if you want to try a combination.

On that site lots of people use maca and virtex together have there are lots of suceess stories. i love maca, i sounds brilliant, fingers crossed ladies.

Thanks hun, great help. I think I'm gonna give vitex a try, cant do any harm x

thats what i figure, try for a month and see if you think it helps, if it hasnt you dont have to keep taking it! im so despiarte to just try anything. im having acupressure and reflexology to help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->