What tea is safe to drink?

julesmw

Reaction score
I keep reading conflicting reports. :shrug: Do any of you know what kinds are safe to drink?

I stick to raspberry leaf tea and a pregnancy tea blend. I avoid caffeinated teas because of my history of recurrent miscarriage and I've been told to avoid anything with licorice root in it because it *may* cause bleeding issues or something. :shrug: Don't quote me on that last one.

I asked my doctor and he said the only ones not to drink are raspberry leaf tea (until later on like 36wks) cause it can cause contractions as it's used to strength the uterus. And chamomile.

I have mint, lemon, chamomile and gingerbread tea in my cupboard. So don't drink the chamomile? Should the others be okay?

I cut back in tea it was my main drink I now drink sweet tea that is brewed! I hear tea isn't good but it's better then soda I use to drink south soda and cut it put I only have it when I eat out which is like once in a blue moon.

I drink decaffeinated black tea. ( normal pg tips type!) you can also have rooibos, nettle and the fruit ones apart from raspberry leaf xx

I drink Tetley Decaf team tastes exactly the same as regular tea.

X

I never drank tea before getting pregnant but for some reason if I drink decaf tea.. Eat toast and a apple my morning sickness almost goes for the day!!!! And honestly any things better than sickness!! :D

I would advise against raspberry leaf tea, and the woman currently drinking it should stop. As another poster said you shouldn't drink it until 36 weeks as it help induce labour. However, there is also no scientific research to this, but this is what most people believe.

It also depends from carer to carer. I know some doctors say don't drink herbal, and some say go for it.

But just cut back to decaf. You can have more cups of tea that way.

I have pg tips decaff, its tastes just like normal tea! much better than the tetley decaff. :)
also have various flavoured decaff tea's.

Now I am really confused about red raspberry leaf tea. Everything I researched said that it was good to drink during pregnancy as it strengthens the uteran wall and can help prevent miscarriage. I started consuming it 2 months before we started TTC and at 39 years old I thought that it may have helped me to conceive so fast. I am still drinking it and my Doc hasn't advised me otherwise, although she did tell me to stop drinking the nettle leaf extract.
I drink about 2 cups per day of the RRL tea, and I am at 11 weeks. Hmmmm, now I don't know what to do.
:help:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->