What the hell is wrong with the name Eve or Beau!?

J

Jadeyydoe

No one in Daids family have ever complained about the babys name his mum said it can't take my family name, even though it is so :tease:
Cherise my sister is being a complete ****er about them though.
She asked the girls name and I said Eve no middle names yet she knows either way the babys last name will be Bound.
She started saying the baby can't be called Eve it will get bullied.
I'm sorry but I have known about 4 Eves in my life and not one of them got bullied.
I then asked what was wrong she said "you know because of adam and eve" REALLY!? thats her reason for not liking the name... :wacko:
I then asked her if she doesn't like the fact that Karen called her son Adam she said no because its differnt, Adam is a more common name.
I'm sorry but Eve is a pretty common name and who cares if the name is common or not! Kids aren't going to bully another kid because its name is uncommon for christ sake her name is Cherise! I'm pretty sure that name is uncommon!
Then she started having ago about Beau if its a boy I'm naming him Beau David James Bound.
Well no one like Beau Bound apparantly the intials BB are going to get him bullied...
How can she even take the piss she can't even spell his name!
She said people are going to call him B.O because she thought his name was spelt Bo :dohh:
Then I had to explain that its a french name and there are still people in England named Beau and thats shes stupid :)

Why do people insist on being mean about names we pick out.
Whenever people tell me the names they have picked out for their kids I say "ohh thats a nice name" or something okay if they were calling it Crapmonger I probably would say something.
Cherises son is called Edward now personally I don't like that name BUT I would never tell her that.
BECAUSE ITS HER CHOICE!!!

ahhhh rant over :)
thanks for reading :juggle:

isnt Emma Buntons baby called Beau, its nice and not Bo

Eve is nice too

Cherise is abit of a funny name thro lol

Hate it when people do this :grr: I completely understand, it's very off putting. It put me off using the name Gabriel, but please don't let it put you off using your chosen names!

I think both names are lovely - your sisters reasoning behind not liking them isn't very good. At the end of the day, your little Eve/Beau will be born and nobody will be able to imagine them being called anything but their name. And as for the teasing - I agree, there's really nothing anybody can say about either name!

Stick to your guns :kiss:

My friend Adam had a little girl called Eve, I thought it was rather cute. Glad to see you a spelling Beau right and using it for a boy! It means handsome, sometimes there is a longer version Beauregard.

Interesting Beau fact: 'Beau' Brummell (his real name was George) was the leader of fashion in Regency England, he is credited with establishing the fashion of men wearing a dark suit and tie. He used to polish his boots with champagne and was friends with the poet Byron.

i told my friend that i wanted to use alex for either boy / girl she pulled her fac and said dont like it, well its kristian's middle name and wanted to involve his name in new babies name she went very quiet

i was really upset i didnt like her name for a boy but i didnt say anything as thought it was extremely rude to

its up to you what you call them, when people say they dont like my names just say TOUGH ! lol !!

My friend Adam had a little girl called Eve, I thought it was rather cute. Glad to see you a spelling Beau right and using it for a boy! It means handsome, sometimes there is a longer version Beauregard.

Interesting Beau fact: 'Beau' Brummell (his real name was George) was the leader of fashion in Regency England, he is credited with establishing the fashion of men wearing a dark suit and tie. He used to polish his boots with champagne and was friends with the poet Byron.

Love your fact Jess :thumbup:

The deal with kids being bullied is that if they are going to get bullied their name is going to get used no matter what it is. Kids are creative and come up with a way to make fun of anything.

At the same time, some kids can have the funniest names and never get bullied. I went to high school with a guy named Ben Dover (seriously!) and he was one fo the most popular guys there and no one ever bothered him over the name.

My name is Tonya... not an easy one to pick on. The kids still thought of "Tonya Lasagna" because they were going to make fun of me and they would have thought up something for any name i had.

Don't stress it!

Oh yeah, and I'm planning to use the name Beau too! Ours will be Beau Jaxon!

I will never go off the names we have chosen esspecially not beau!
Beau s the name of Davids best friend who died recently so if it is a boy it will defo not be changed.
And I was the one allowed to pick Eve and Eve is a good name so she can stuff it :D

ahhh awsome :D
I love it when I see people who have picked out the same name as me esspecially the boys name because I put it down to being a sign.
RSbabe has picked out the same middle names as me aswell.
COME ONNNNNNN :happydance::happydance::happydance: lol

I get this with two of my girls names,people even openly say they can't call her her real name,so they make up their own version?!?!

Her name is Lane (everyone insists on calling her Lana?????)

I get this with two of my girls names,people even openly say they can't call her her real name,so they make up their own version?!?!

Her name is Lane (everyone insists on calling her Lana?????)
I LOVE the name Lane, I love unusual (ahh pregnancy brain can't spell atm!) names like that but I know if I called my bean that if its a girl everyone would go NUTS! so I stick with the common uncommon names lmao :)
how the hell is Lana even close to Lane, I bet she gets confused :wacko:

i like those names...evil people can be :grr: im like that at the moment with my boys name ethan.

I love the name eve :) we are using Evie if we have a girl. I hate it the way people think they have a say in what names you pick. David liked megan for a girl, I wasn't keen but when I mentioned it to my sister in law she went 'ew that horrible. Don't call her that. If you do i'll change her name when I have got her'! The cheek of it!

seems to be a much more common thing these days for people to think its perfectly acceptable to be rude about names.

I told my old boss and his partner (who i also worked with) that I liked Ethan, and he was saying I couldnt use Ethan because his ex life partner/business partner did the dirty on him, and the kid was called Ethan. Hardly the kids fault!
And what that has to do with anything I'll never know...

Its the same when people say oh dont call him that, i know a really horrible so-so....

well the so-so you know isnt my child so I couldnt give a fudge!!!
I think those are both beautiful names....

Im lucky (in theory) because hubby is such a child sometimes, so i was offering out names and he was coming out with all the likely p!ss take things that kids are likely to say....
But like what anything, they'll find a way....
I mean my name is Joanna and somehow that got twisted to rhyhming with banana..... and then abbreviated as just Jo, I got Po, No, Bow, Slow, Go, Oh.... nothing hurtful and I've not turned out to be the devil or a social recluse.......just kids being kids....
You have to applud the ingenuity really....

As for your sister...... i'd ask for her suggestions, and then make similar comments, or say something like well you chose Edward so Im unlikely to take advice from you.....

but thats just me being pregnant and moody LOL xxx

Ignore them! They are beautiful names and if people don't support your choice, to hell with them. No one liked my kids names but too bad!

ahhh awsome :D
I love it when I see people who have picked out the same name as me esspecially the boys name because I put it down to being a sign.
RSbabe has picked out the same middle names as me aswell.
COME ONNNNNNN :happydance::happydance::happydance: lol

I got it from the book Gone With the Wind. I live in the southern US right around the area the book was about. It was the name of one character's son. My favorite book ever!

Don't listen to them - I agree with everyone else that they are lovely names.

We've decided that we're not going to tell anyone our chosen names, as it's harder for people to make these kind of comments once the baby's been named.

i love the name Beau!! Ever since id heard that david cassidy had called his son Beau i thought it was a gorgeous name!

Just have to convince the OH, he doesnt really like it and everytime i say BEAU he loves saying selecta!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->