What they DON'T tell you about 3D &4D US

I had 2 ultrasounds done (I believe by the same company as you, but the other location) and the later one was disappointing to me as well. Mine are fairly clear but baby was uncooperative and faced away from the probe the whole time. I can't blame them for that obviously but I thought they could have handled the whole thing better.

I wasn't allowed to get up and move around. I made it clear I wanted to try drinking the cold soda I'd brought just incase but I was kept on my side with the probe digging in the whole time so never had a chance. I was also fairly upset that she kept poking HARD with the probe even though baby's head was right there up near the surface where she was poking. I had no intention of going back again after that anyhow but it would have been nice if they'd at least offered since we didn't get any good images (they sent us home with a few bad ones that all looked the same) and their policy is supposedly to offer to redo if that happens. It certainly is the luck of the draw when it comes to what baby and our bodies will do but I hate paying to be treated badly in situations like that.

I have anterior placenta and got pretty clear images:

https://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/SAMMYW_2009/baby%20stuff/7FE72681-FC15-4FE4-B66A-DA5E182BBC72-47914-000020F732A8285F.jpg

I think it may be more to do with your dates.

Give them a call and see if they can do something for you

Thanks all, I will be calling them (not to bitch them out, just to simply see what they say) but had to wait til 4:00pm to call as that is when their "phone hours" are?

My ultrasound was relatively painless, and my tech asked if I was comfortable a lot. I was faced toward her 99% of the time, so didn't get to watch the big screen with my family, but it was alright.

When I made the appointment (with a live receptionist mind you) I told her I had an anterior placenta AND that I was going to be 31wks +2days, and she said, 'Oh that's totally fine, you'll get some great pictures!' which I know was no guarantee, but never once did they mention what I was told afterwards upon expressing my disappointment at only liking 2 of the pictures...

I don't know, they had a TON of great reviews (especially the location we went to) so I guess I was hoping for better pictures. The tech herself did treat me well though, and as mentioned the ambiance of the room was very comfortable for my guests and myself.

I just had mine at 30 weeks. I also have anterior placenta. U/S lasted about 45 minutes and I have a video of the entire session and about 45 pictures on cd. Not all the pics are clear but I was happy. Baby was moving like crazy. I think it cost $169.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
I know what you mean. We also had our 2nd scan done at 34 weeks which gave even worse pictures but that is my fault as I should have organised it sooner. Our little girl looks extremely squashed and the placenta in the way didn't help either. However, we did get a very detailed 'potty shot' so now I can buy pink clothes confidently.

Your bubs looks very cute and the 2 pictures you got are pretty good actually.

Spoke with them (Baby Envision) today and they agreed to a reshoot, which is great :)

They reviewed our session and agreed that the pictures needed to be redone.

We honestly weren't expecting them to do that, we just wanted to speak with them about it, but we were very satisfied with the outcome :)

I guess I was lucky to have a private clinic that guarantees quality images or you get a free visit back. I definitely wouldn't have gone if they didn't have that!

Spoke with them (Baby Envision) today and they agreed to a reshoot, which is great :)

They reviewed our session and agreed that the pictures needed to be redone.

We honestly weren't expecting them to do that, we just wanted to speak with them about it, but we were very satisfied with the outcome :)

Hey that's great!

Glad you are getting a rescan x

That's terrible!!
I had my 4D scan yesterday, we paid £180 (this wasn't even our money, it was money gifted to us from our engagement party)

We got 6 colour images (which are great quality)
Loads of black and white images.
About half an hour of recording him in there and all of the images on a USB drive.
I also got a print out of his growth scan too.

Admittedly, I wasn't told anything about amniotic fluid turning cloudy or anything. But where I went, if the photo's were terrible, we would be given a free re-scan and if the photo's were still terrible, I would get a refund.

Oh thats not very professional of them. I paid $200 and got 60 printed pics and whole 20 mins of recorded scan. She took 45 mins..

My prev baby.... DD was hiding her face... i was told to go for a walk.. drink something sugary and come back to try again..

Sorry to hear you hsd a bad experience.. but the 2 pics you got look amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->