What time do you do your ovulation test?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by Beccaboop, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Beccaboop

Beccaboop Mummy to Jacob

We're not TTC yet but I just want to make sure I do ovulate as my cm doesn't really change much during my cycle and I can't be bothered to temp and don't know what I'm looking for if I feel for changes in my cervix so I don't do that either.

On the leaflet that came with the ovulation test it said that it's best not to use first morning pee as it might be to early to show up so when is the best time to do the test???

Thanks xxx

2. sugarpi24

sugarpi24 Pregnant-BFP 6/18/15

i believe you can do the ovulation test anytime throughout the day...just make sure your pee isnt diluted. ive been told to not use the bathroom for 4 hours and then go and take the test....you dont have to use 1st morning urine for an OPK. :) good luck!!

3. Beccaboop

Beccaboop Mummy to Jacob

Well I did it at 2pm and it was positive!!! Glad we used a condom this morning (well I would love to get pregnant now but my husband wants to wait)

4. MrsAttard

MrsAttard Well-Known Member

I've been doing them twice a day; once mid-morning and one in the late afternoon early evening. On the day, and day after, I got a positive I did took a couple more just to see how long the surge lasted. I'm not sure how long it's necessary to hold off peeing, bc after less than 3 hours I was still able to get a positive.