What time does your post man usually come?

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I have lived in my house 10 months and I've never seen a postman before 2pm. Most days it's around 3pm. So annoying if I'm expecting a parcel that I need to sign for!

What time does your postie come?

my normal postie comes about midday, but if hes on holiday the guy that usually covers him comes about 5-6pm. x

I suppose it must depend on the area. It's 3.45pm and still waiting.

Ours used to be reliably around 9am, lately they don't come til 2pm.

Normally midday but gets later the closer we get to Xmas. There's been a lot of overhauling in Royal Mail working hours recently, my dad used to have to be in work for around 5am for all the years he's worked there and out for delivery at 7am, now they don't even start work until 7, he hates it.

Usually around 10ish but can be 9 at the earliest and 12 at the latest! We have a few different postmen.

Pretty sure they finish at 2 ? My dad has been a postie for 35 years and just the last few years they have put so much shit in the way of letting them do their job properly. He used to be at work for like 5/6am now he doesn't go in till about 7 I think Nd mail doesn't leave the office till gone 9.30 I think unless it is different in every area your street must be on overtime ? Or constanly on cover.

Around noon unless it's somebody covering for the regular postie, then it's a bit later. The RM website says:

For addresses in urban areas we endeavour to make one delivery every working day by 3pm. For addresses in rural areas Royal Mail endeavours to make one delivery every working day by 4pm (subject to exceptions for remote areas with limited transport infrastructure such as the Highlands and Islands).

Deliveries are scheduled to be completed by these times and Royal Mail endeavours to maintain this every working day, but daily volume variations, transport disruptions and operating issues mean that there may be some limited extension.

Pretty sure they finish at 2 ? My dad has been a postie for 35 years and just the last few years they have put so much shit in the way of letting them do their job properly. He used to be at work for like 5/6am now he doesn't go in till about 7 I think Nd mail doesn't leave the office till gone 9.30 I think unless it is different in every area your street must be on overtime ? Or constanly on cover.

My Dad has just gone passed the 30 year mark :) I think your dad and my dad could spend a long time moaning to each other lol....he hates the new system, I'm not sure about over time my dad does the rural routes out in the van, I think he does 4 days of 10 hours and then 4 days off but not entirely sure. It was such a good set up when we were kids though, my mum would get us up for school while dad was at work, but he was always back in the afternoon to pick us up! Sorry digressing lol. I know over xmas they will work until 5/6ish (not including collections).

My two brothers work in the royal mail and because we live in a urban area they say no later than 3pm (at one point ours was coming at 6pm), now it is some where between 1030 and 1130.

My brother hates the changes too (other brother hasn't been working for them long enough to know the before hand).

Between 11am -2pm usually. It depends if it's our usual postman or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->