what times do you feed solids ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Hiya im wondering what times do you feed you little ones solids ? and do you have to give them solids after there milk feed ? im still breast feeding and i want to stop soon but im finding hard to get into a routine with the solids xx

I feed Alexa her cereal around noon, and then veggies and cereal and a fruit around 6.

I feed max this way

7am cereal with cows milk

12pm fruits and yogurt

3pm snack rusk

7pm supper vedgies or vedgies & meat

I BF Hannah around 7-8am, breakfast at 9am with formula, bottle at 12, bottle at 4pm, jar of food at 5pm, bottle at 7.15-7.30pm.

I am slowly introducing a yogurt after her 12 noon bottle this week.

tommy has bottle at 7am, 4oz of milk at 10, then 1/3 jar of porridge then a final oz of milk, 1pm 7oz bottle, 4pm 4oz of milk, some fruit or a rusk, then an oz of milk, 7pm 7 oz bottle, i wake him between 11 and 12 and has between 3 and 5oz milk

h x

Tabs has a little routine with her feeding now and now its just a case of upping the quantities as she wants them. At the mo she has.....all solid amounts are roughly in oz's as i just spoon it in the pots until it looks enough.

7.30 between 4-5oz milk
8am cereal 1oz
10.30 6oz milk
1.30 6oz milk and 1 and a half oz of something savoury and 1oz of fruit/dessert type
4.30 6oz milk and 1 and a half oz of savoury and 1 oz of fruit/dessert type agan
6.55 6oz milk
anywhere between 10-11pm 3-6oz top up when i go to bed

Since having solids Tabs is on record amounts of milk! she could only ever do 4oz tops most feeds so i think the solids are definately helping her reflux etc but i dont think she'll ever be a baby who can do 8oz! hence the 6 feeds a day still.

How is LO doing on that front?

Tabs has a little routine with her feeding now and now its just a case of upping the quantities as she wants them. At the mo she has.....all solid amounts are roughly in oz's as i just spoon it in the pots until it looks enough.

7.30 between 4-5oz milk
8am cereal 1oz
10.30 6oz milk
1.30 6oz milk and 1 and a half oz of something savoury and 1oz of fruit/dessert type
4.30 6oz milk and 1 and a half oz of savoury and 1 oz of fruit/dessert type agan
6.55 6oz milk

Since having solids Tabs is on record amounts of milk! she could only ever do 4oz tops most feeds so i think the solids are definately helping her reflux etc but i dont think she'll ever be a baby who can do 8oz! hence the 6 feeds a day still.

Charlies reflux seems to slowly be getting better not really sure that being solids has made much difference for him though hes still on the gaviscon but can still be sick usually about 10 times a day prob more but some days are better than others , is your LO still sick alot ?

Usually goes a bit like this...

8am milk feed
830-9am breakdfast (usually fruit or cereal)
10-11am milk feed
2-3pm milk feed
5-6pm milk feed
630-7pm dinner (usually veggies)
820pm - milk feed
Bed

He wakes up different times during the night.

We found the best way to fit his meals in was to feed him when we were eating because then we didn't have to make too many changes to our routing and also he could have what we are eating too.

xxx

8am milk feed
10-11am milk feed
2-3pm milk feed
5-6pm milk feed
820pm - milk feed
Bed

We found the best way to fit his meals in was to feed him when we were eating because then we didn't have to make too many changes to our routing and also he could have what we are eating too.

xxx

its hrad when they wake up at different times in the night as then you cant really keep a strict routine, charlie is breastfeeding so i suppose they dont have as much as a routine and wake up more through night are you breast feeding too hun ? xx

Again - ours isn't set in stone as Jack wakes at different times, but is usually something like this:
7am - 6oz milk
9.30 am - 4 milk scoops of cereal
11 am 6oz milk
1 pm - Jar of food / equivalent home-made or rice mixed with fruit puree
3pm 6oz milk
5pm - Jar of food / equivalent home-made or rice mixed with fruit puree
7ish - half a rusk mixed with milk (only started this tonight = see how it goes!)
9ish - 7oz milk.

8am milk feed
10-11am milk feed
2-3pm milk feed
5-6pm milk feed
820pm - milk feed
Bed

xxx

its hrad when they wake up at different times in the night as then you cant really keep a strict routine, charlie is breastfeeding so i suppose they dont have as much as a routine and wake up more through night are you breast feeding too hun ? xx

Yeah I am. He has formula on the odd occasion but not really all that often anymore as putting him on solids seems to have made his appetite a bit more bareable. Before this I was feeding him every 2 hrs, day and night, for about 7 weeks.

For some reason he sticks to his daytime routine no matter what he does at night though which is odd.

xxx

7.30 between 4-5oz milk
8am cereal 1oz
10.30 6oz milk
6.55 6oz milk

Charlies reflux seems to slowly be getting better not really sure that being solids has made much difference for him though hes still on the gaviscon but can still be sick usually about 10 times a day prob more but some days are better than others , is your LO still sick alot ?

Touch wood the last month or so she hasnt been sick at all apart from the little bits that come with a burp or something or if she gets in a tizzy like having her jabs yesterday!.....but then Tabs is different in that way to charlie as she is on the anti sickness meds still so i cant even imagine what you are going through :hugs: Did you ask about those at the drs? domperidone and ranitidine.

Also they say its helps with the weaning to give solids at the same time everyday so baby knows whats coming or at least the same feed in the day if that makes sense xxxx

7.30 between 4-5oz milk
8am cereal 1oz
10.30 6oz milk
6.55 6oz milk

Touch wood the last month or so she hasnt been sick at all apart from the little bits that come with a burp or something or if she gets in a tizzy like having her jabs yesterday!.....but then Tabs is different in that way to charlie as she is on the anti sickness meds still so i cant even imagine what you are going through :hugs: Did you ask about those at the drs? domperidone and ranitidine.

Also they say its helps with the weaning to give solids at the same time everyday so baby knows whats coming or at least the same feed in the day if that makes sense xxxx

yeah he had ranitidine at about 3 months dr said give no more than longer than week and if its no better then come back to me so i went back and said it didnt help much and he said well hes 3 months now so should start getting alot better so we left it at that i had my hopes on his reflux going and what a shock it didnt so i went back and then he gave me gaviscon . Ive managed to find a routine thats working for us

9am feed and breaky(porridge or rice)
1pm feed and lunch (part of a dinner in jar)
5pm feed and dinner(part of dinner in jar )
8.30 feed then bed
then hes usually up about 1am and 5am for night feeds and i may give him a bit of juice in the day

Ive noticed alot of people are not giving 4 hour gaps between either milk feeds or solid feeds does it not really matter at this age ? as sometimes i think charlie gets a bit dehydrated so ive just been giving him juice

8am milk feed
10-11am milk feed
2-3pm milk feed
5-6pm milk feed
820pm - milk feed
Bed

xxx

Yeah I am. He has formula on the odd occasion but not really all that often anymore as putting him on solids seems to have made his appetite a bit more bareable. Before this I was feeding him every 2 hrs, day and night, for about 7 weeks.

For some reason he sticks to his daytime routine no matter what he does at night though which is odd.

xxx

charlie fed like that for first few months but now he goes 3-4 hours which is a lovely change too xx

I nurse on demand through out the day, usally before naps. But I usually do cereal at around 7:30 or 8 in the morning and at :630 in the evening. It has really helped with Bren's reflux, he is spitting up so much less than before the ceral.

for Colton because it just depends when he wakes up. He will have a bottle when he wakes, then about 1hr later his breakfast.
Lunch usually ends up around 1pm, but can be anywhere from 12-2.. :dohh:
Then dinner is usually 6-6.3pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"