What to buy a toddler who isn't bothered about toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicecooper

1 girl, 3 boys
Reaction score
My DS3 just doesn't seem bothered about toys. If you give him a toy, he'll maybe look at it for 2-3 minutes and then just leaves it and pretty much never goes back to it.
He just doesn't play with anything.
He's not interested in the TV either.

He loves anything he's not meant to have. Remote controls, pens, the telephone, household objects...

but toys? No, he just isn't bothered.

What on earth do I get him for Christmas? :dohh:

What about something outdoorsy like a ride-on or a slide? Does he like puzzles, books, musical instruments?

A play tent, they seem to be popular with all small children.

What about a play shop or kitchen something that does not necessarily look like a toy more of a household object

It's a toy but he might see it as more of a household thing

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie.../p-2053/cleaning-trolley-with-vacuum-cleaner/

I was thinking of getting that for my 2 year old but then his Ouma had a few of the things for him when we went to visit so he has decided he wants Ninja Turtles instead.

thanks for the suggestions all :) much appreciated. keep em coming, the more the better x

How about a treasure basket? We have one, and it's basically just a wicker basket full of random non-toy objects. The idea is to encourage them to explore textures, sounds, etc, so use different materials - we have some big pieces of different fabrics, wooden and silicone kitchen utensils, a metal bowl, a shiny pan scourer, a nail brush, a shower puff, a tea strainer, Zoe's old baby hairbrush made with goat hair (SO soft!), some plastic pots filled with dry pasta and coloured pompoms, a piece of a foil blanket, a flannel and a sock. You can basically put anything in there, so long as you're happy it's safe, so you could even include a remote control (without batteries) and an old phone, maybe a set of keys that don't actually fit anything, containers with lids he can easily get on and off, which smaller items could be hidden inside, or little cotton bags for the same purpose. The possibilities are literally endless!

Plus, I second the play tent suggestion - great place to hide and examine your 'treasure'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"