What to do about nuisance calls?

What nugget didn't listen when you said she had died?

I had the "Windows Support" one this morning, something tells me they are crooks after info more than anything else. I told him I was more suspicious of the call.than any viruses on my computer.

TPS won't help if people are calling for somebody who used to live at your house or if somebody is giving out the wrong number, it's just the database that cold callers are supposed to check to see if they can call you. Have you tried writing to the company? They may have a freepost address you can use if you ask/Google. Hassle but probably worth it if they're calling a lot.

What annoys me are callers who tell me their name is Kevin or Mark when they're obviously not! I usually ask them where they're calling from, they always say London or Manchester so I tell them they're breaking UK law as we're registered with TPS and they try to argue that it's not illegal for them to call me... yeah that's because you're in Bangalore, you big fat liar!

I'm getting fed up of getting calls from call centres chasing a woman named Louise! When I say you have the wrong number, they start questioning me like they don't believe me!:growlmad:
One even had the nerve to ring back after I hung up. It's always withheld number, so I don't know what I can do about it? We even had a call at 6am. Not sure if these are all the same company or not.
We have had this number for 6 months-since we moved.

What can I do about this?

I get this! I demand my number be taken from the call list. One woman insisted on redailing me another 2 times to be 100% sure!
Its bloody annoying isn't it!

my daughter solved one company ringing for me by screaming, a really nice high pitched one lol, it was a scream of happiness and a pitch only a toddler could reach. I am sure the woman was deafened haha. I have got less since ignoring the phone and then just doing 1471 to see if someone important, I got some silent calls which they do to sell to companies to see if your line is live and you will answer. Apparently the surveys are not covered by tps. I do try to be polite but they do my head in when you say you are busy and they keep going on. The worst ones for us is consumer lifestyles who tell you they are a UK company who are quite clearly not. They have given up largely now since I ignore phone

TPS won't help if people are calling for somebody who used to live at your house or if somebody is giving out the wrong number, it's just the database that cold callers are supposed to check to see if they can call you. Have you tried writing to the company? They may have a freepost address you can use if you ask/Google. Hassle but probably worth it if they're calling a lot.

What annoys me are callers who tell me their name is Kevin or Mark when they're obviously not! I usually ask them where they're calling from, they always say London or Manchester so I tell them they're breaking UK law as we're registered with TPS and they try to argue that it's not illegal for them to call me... yeah that's because you're in Bangalore, you big fat liar!

Yeah this annoys me too!!

"Hello, my name is Steven.." Errr no, it's more likely that your name is Ahmed, starting on a lie will not make this call go well!

Ugh, its sooooo annoying and frustrating!!! Luckily for me, its only on my work phone. And "my guy" that their after is named Joe. lol One time they asked me if I was his wife, and I told them no, they were calling a business, and they didn't believe me. The hung up, called back and I told the same person they were calling a business. :shrug:

This has been happening for about two years. This guy "Joe" must owe a lot of money... :dohh:

I listen carefullly when I pick up the phone. If I hear the click in of a cold call (they use automated diallers whixh dont connect csr until the phone line picks up) I answer with "good morning/afternoon youre through to orange customer services can I take your mobile number please" they hang up pretty quick

for the calls fo a "ms k cook" I tell them that this number is no longer connected to ms cook at wardrop rd as of 12/11/12 as it is my number and I live in a diffeent part of the village/town so I dont know her to get her to call xyz company

They wony hang up until you clearly say no three times.

Ask to be removed from their list. Data protection, they have to delete your info if they ask.

I'm a bugger with them. I ask them what they're wearing :haha: If they don't hang up after that, I ask them to remove it for me :haha: Funnily enough, they never ring me back again!

i'm a bugger with them. I ask them what they're wearing :haha: If they don't hang up after that, i ask them to remove it for me :haha: Funnily enough, they never ring me back again!

THAT'S HILARIOUS! xD

^ That is amazing! :haha: I always find out who's calling before anything else. I had one of those PPI calls asking after me wanting to advise me on the loan I'd taken out, when I informed her that I'd never had a loan she went 'Oh, are you sure?' I told her I was and she went 'Ok, how about for a credit card?' and began clutching at straws listing more things that I didn't have. I stayed on the line, for my own amusement more than anything else.

My brother answered a call from a company trying to flog mobile phones once and spent about half an hour telling them that he didn't believe in phones, would never own a phone and that phones were evil. All while on the phone!

What nugget didn't listen when you said she had died?

I had the "Windows Support" one this morning, something tells me they are crooks after info more than anything else. I told him I was more suspicious of the call.than any viruses on my computer.

My mum gets that one regularly. She's threatened to phone the police and they still phone back the next day.

My OH got a cold caller as he was on his way into the gym. He said no thanks as hung up on her. When he got out of the gym he found an answer phone message from her lecturing him on how rude it was to hang up on people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->