What to do during the day.

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Now that Olivia is spending more time awake during the day, I'm wondering what sort of things I should be doing with her.

On a good day (ie when she's not super grizzly) we'll go out for a 30min/1 hour walk, and she also has a bath. But if we aren't going to see friends or having visitors, I'm stuck for what I should be doing with her.....

She has a bouncy chair which she likes, but only sits in it for 15 mins before she seems to get bored........what kind of toys should I get for her?? Can anyone recommend other things we should be doing - and for playing, what kind of toys are good to get??

Thanks
xxx

At three weeks, she is still somewhat young for a lot of toys, but something with music and lights would entertain her some. When Valerie was that age, she slept a lot; so I really didn't do a whole lot with her during the day. I have always read her books (from the first week) so I recommend maybe starting that. Does your bouncy chair have toys on it? If not, I would look for one that does so that it may entertain her for awhile longer. Hope this helps some!

At three weeks she won't be much interested in toys. We used Hannah's play mats but 15 minutes was her upper limit on one. Most of the time it was either her mobile or us holding her and talking to her. She liked the "copy game" where we would stick our tongue out at her and she'd copy us etc.

At that age there aren't many toys. Mostly cot mobiles, Ocean wonders, we did tummy time and a few minutes on her play mat...
You can 'talk' to her, sing,play music and such things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->